#1 Emz

Emz

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

A question for a friend.

She is interested in learning cross stitching but doesnt want to join a group but she wants to know if anywhere in Abu Dhabi sells the supplies. She doesnt want just the kits as these can be restrictive in designs but wants to know if there is any where that sells the Aida material, threads and charts?

I have already checked the 'search' facitlity and found nothing so if anyone can suggest anywhere I can pass the info on to her

Thanks

#2 izzya_77

izzya_77

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

I've seen a few cross stitch kits at Magrudy's in Al Wahda mall. I know you are not looking for kits but maybe they have other supplies as well?

#3 Lori

Lori

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Green ranch on 7th... for supplies.

On the internet try freepatterns.com for ideas and instructions (also knitting, crochet and plastic canvas stuff also.

#4 Horseluver77

Horseluver77

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1561 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Al Bastaki off of 2nd behind the Baby store has lots of aida by the yard plus DMC thread and lots of notions.
Head up 2nd go and go past the PAN store just after that there should be a Baby Store with a right turn into a parking area with a mosque on the right just up about 200 feet or so is Al Bastaki on the left hand side and they have the materials you want.
If you go further down and behind Al bastaki there are lots of fabric stores and then towards the gold souk (straight ahead) there is a bead/crystal store that will drive you nuts with all the bling you can imagine.

#5 Emz

Emz

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

Thanks alot for your responses Ladies biggrin.gif
I shall pass this information on to her

#6 Julesy

Julesy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Lori @ Jun 2 2009, 07:56 PM)
Green ranch on 7th... for supplies.

On the internet try freepatterns.com for ideas and instructions (also knitting, crochet and plastic canvas stuff also.

Its actually called Green Branch white.gif

They sell dmc threads, aida in all counts, wooden loops, needles and patterns

For good cross stitching patterns go online and google it. Also join the cross stitching forums that you find on the web as many of them swap designs.

Download "PCStitch" - a program which converts pictures/photo's into cross stitch patterns

Sign In