6 replies to this topic

#1 gamecat69

gamecat69

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

I'd really like to buy a guitar from somewhere in Abu Dhabi, where would people recommend in terms of range of guitars, quality and price?

I am looking for a sorta mid range acoustic, something like a Yamaha APX, so if anyone has seen anything like this around, I'd really apprciate you letting me know. 023.gif

#2 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9435 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

thomson is the shop that sells yamaha stuff, its recently moved to electra st, al salam end. the other music shops are akm, one by the new refurbed adnoc at the corner of 5 and 3 but not sure if you can access it as thats where they are digging up the roads etc, or go to behind crowne plaza, another akm there.

#3 calicojack

calicojack

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

Best place to buy a guitar is the Thomson shop in Ibn Batutta Mall(only 1 hr up the road) It has an amazing range of accoustic guitars and accessories(well amazing for the UAE) both for pocket and sound

#4 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9435 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (calicojack @ May 26 2009, 11:16 AM)
Best place to buy a guitar is the Thomson shop in Ibn Batutta Mall(only 1 hr up the road) It has an amazing range of accoustic guitars and accessories(well amazing for the UAE) both for pocket and sound

yes but the one in ab dabs is much closer, and i suspect they sell the same stuff, being its a thomson shop. biggrin.gif

#5 Olive Oyl

Olive Oyl

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

Yes, if you know exactly what you want, be persistent, and the Thomsun shop here can have it sent down from Dubai...

#6 babymama

babymama

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

I suggest u go to AKM theres one behind crown plaza and one next to the gas station by cornish hospital. they have every instrument u can think of. thats where most people go, and they do have music lessons. icon_super.gif

#7 Olive Oyl

Olive Oyl

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Yes AKM is great, they carry Ibanez, but it's Thomsun that carries Yamaha (says DS # 1 anyway...)

Sign In