14 replies to this topic

#1 Abudhabimummy

Abudhabimummy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

I need to find a few stores that sell woman's plus size clothes - any suggestions?

#2 trees

trees

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

there was a great thread on this before - can't remember how long ago - will have a hunt

i remember people suggesting so many that evans in ad mall - seemed an inadequate suggestion

tx

#3 trees

trees

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

http://www.abudhabiw...wtopic=5339&hl=

woo hoo the new search is great - here you go isis the above link takes you to a two page thread so hopefully you'll find something

happy shopping

tx

#4 juliette

juliette

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Al Mariah Mall on Najda near Hamdam. The store is called Splash. Go in, take a left and just before the lingerie section in the back there is a section with larger sizes.

#5 mommy121

mommy121

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

have you tried Next ,also try Debenhams

#6 Storkie

Storkie

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

H & M in Ibn Batuta Mall have a larger section, so does the new New Look!

#7 Ozmama

Ozmama

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

Marks & Sparks sometimes go to an interesting 22, and have the best fuller figure bras I have seen here so far....still trying to get around that they have these thin straps to hold up a DD or E cup, defies gravity, but with a bit of a search you can find them with a wider more supportive strap. For cool casual tops & pants at
M & S go to the bathers section. Alot of the beach coverups can be used as tops quite easily, with a cami underneath. They also have some lovely lightweight knit trousers (which can be shortened to 3/4 or 7/8 length) & excercise wear which goes up to a 22 also.

Another store I have found probably with the best selection of lightweight chiffon overtops (again in beachwear section)is BHS. THere is one at Khaladyia Mall, but the one in Hamdan Street has a better selection. Although alot are longsleeved, I have shortened the sleeves to elbow length and am really happy with them as they are lovely and cool.

Third option is to get clothes made by a tailor. There are lots of options for fabrics - some just behind Hamdan Street, the other place I have found lots of lovely (and some 'interesting' fabrics) was Madinet Zayed Shopping Mall (next to gold souk). Great shopping mall used by alot of local subcontinent families. Lots of fabric shops upstairs. I had a field day in one where there was about 7 or 8 emirati families buying fabric so I thought it was a good option.

Shoes are my biggest problem - being a european 42 makes it nigh impossible to buy anything here!

EDC

#8 flamidwyfe

flamidwyfe

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

AD Mall has a store up on the 3rd floor near the food court.

#9 fashionlabel

fashionlabel

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Oh ya its true to buy plus size women's clothes but now a days you can buy all size clothes online easily. One of my friend purchase one dress from Rocky S collection . She is also come in plus size woman category, but this is not fact that if you are plus size than you can't get & wear designer clothes.

#10 Carney

Carney

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

H&M in Abu Dhabi have a plus size range. Its much better value than Evans. Matalan at Dalma Mall also has a plus range.

#11 Guest_CarmenMiranda_*

Guest_CarmenMiranda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Shoes are my biggest problem - being a european 42 makes it nigh impossible to buy anything here!

EDC

Same here -but ShoeCiti stock 42 in a good enough range. I get my work shoes and casual sandals from there.

There is a Ulla Popken(sp) store in MCC, it is a bit Mumsy at times, but has some nice pieces in there.

#12 elephantrjm

elephantrjm

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

Max 0n 6th Street, in between 5th and 3rd, have a range. Also Matalan, in the Mall at Mussaffah (whose name I forget), has another range and both are inexpensive. Try also Evans in Abu Dhabi Mall, Tchibo in Khalidya Mall stock a very few items and I have bought some heavily discounted, lovely size 20 tops at Monsoon in the sales. Happy shopping.

#13 Margie

Margie

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

H&M in Abu Dhabi have a plus size range. Its much better value than Evans. Matalan at Dalma Mall also has a plus range.

Can you please tell me where H&M is in Abu Dhabi?

Thanks x

#14 ladyluna

ladyluna

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Can you please tell me where H&M is in Abu Dhabi?

Thanks x

Hi

abu dhabi mall, first floor(?) on the left as you come up on the escalator...
abu dhabi mall is next to abu dhabi marina on salaam street, beach rotana....

#15 ladyluna

ladyluna

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

hi

I love splash... great store with plus size FASHION!!!! as opposed to just sack cloth cut out with bad fitting and no style!!

in marina mall, delma mall abu dhabi
ibn buttuta mall, mall of the emirates, dubai

Sign In