89 replies to this topic

#21 sno

sno

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

Thanks Gilmore for the link , I realised that this was not the Nord Anglia school but wanted to read the article thumbs_up.gif

#22 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9435 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (amg @ Apr 21 2009, 10:41 AM)
Hi all, I have a few friends in my daughters school and they are all still waiting for Al Muna to respond back. Apparently they have applied real early as well. Will defi keep you posted if I hear of anything from them... Pearl I know there will be no response at all as they are totally full this year with siblings and Al Dar staff.

places may become available because of the redundancies going on in A and LOR

#23 moving to AD

moving to AD

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Sno for the support!

#24 lami

lami

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

the pearl had a notice on the door today saying that they are taking applications for year 5 and 6 and that all other classes are full. only read it in passing but will check it out tomorrow. L

#25 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

I called up pearl and she said she is still doing applications and I should hear in 2 weeks time crossfingers.gif

#26 Abby

Abby

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Apparently it helps to know someone inside, I know people who applied mid February. They have managed to secure a place in grade 1 in Al Muna after speaking to a friend who works there.

#27 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

Abby,

This has made me really angry Furious.gif angry.gif

#28 shell

shell

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thats disgusting , looks like i will need to be speaking to someone about this

#29 Abby

Abby

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

I know this has made me very angry too because we haven't heard anything from them yet and even if you call nobody answers. It seems you have to go there personally in order to get some answers. Another friend of mine went their yesterday and she was told that they will contact her in two weeks for assessment tests.

#30 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

Shell,

If this is true, can you pls let me know .... This will put me off from taking my daughter there .... I don't want her to learn jumping Qs ...

#31 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

I got answer last week saying I should get a call in 2 week's time for assessment ...

#32 shell

shell

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Before i get on my angry band wagon, which school was this for , as i have applied for both Pearl and Al Muna ( 1st day of regisrations ) so i know which school to cantact
cheers

oops just re read the post, i know which one to contact now

Edited by shell, 29 April 2009 - 11:00 AM.

#33 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

I called up Pearl ... As I thought they are the one who will look after muna as well Scratch-Head.gif

I applied to pearl in feb and then filled up muna form on the open day ...

#34 Abby

Abby

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

it was for year one in Al Muna but their application was transferred from Alyasmina.

#35 shell

shell

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

Just sent the email of , i think i may of just blown my chances of getting into either school red_smile.gif

Will keep you informed on what is replied if i get one

i do know that they are processing people that want to transfer from Al yasmina to Al muna , that could be why they got a place, maybe i should of applied to Al Yasmina instead of Pearl or Al muna

#36 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

Well shell, you can not predict this, can you? I always thought they should go by the date applied (no matter what school) and then give admission ...

But... Hey, I am in AD ... what am I thinking ... anyone use logic here?

#37 Abby

Abby

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Date of admission is one thing but there are many factors as well that play in school admissions , believe me it's like a puzzle. For example in Al Muna, you have all these categories and I don't know which is which so don't quote me on this:

1.siblings-nationals working for Aldar
2.siblings-nationals
3.siblings- other nationalities
4. nationals - Aldar employees
5. nationals -non Al dar employess
6. and then you have the rest

#38 mommy121

mommy121

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

this is true , a lot of kids are migrating from al Yasmina to AL Muna as it is in the city.this is so awful .the admin should first decide for other students then if they have a place they should give it the Yasmina students.looks like Al Muna has another priority that is Al Yasmina students.this way i dont think our children stand a chance........ thumbs_down.gif

#39 elephantrjm

elephantrjm

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

At the meeting about the opening of Al Muna, it was stated very clearly that first priority was to be given to Al Yasmina students who wanted to move into town. Although I really want a place at Al Muna, I do think that this is fair enough, as I would not like to drive my kids from the Corniche to Al Yasmina as friends have been having to do. At least this will free up places at Al Yasmina

#40 mommy121

mommy121

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

that means we wasted time applying for Muna and that we should have applied to Al Yasmina instead 021.gif but such a bad luck that Yasmina registrations are closed. the parents of the children going to Yasmina atleast have their kids going to a good school but we on the other hand have yet to get our kids into one......

Sign In