19 replies to this topic

#1 Lasoph

Lasoph

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

Has anyone gone to the recently opened animal park called Kids Park?
If so how do you get there?
They have a great website but there is no map or directions.

I know I could call for directions but I thought I'd post the link in case you are interested, it looks great!

http://www.kidsparkuae.com/

#2 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9435 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

if you are referring to the kids park which is on the way to dubai, its actually at Al Bahia (thats where the brown sign is)/Shahama, up past the airport on Channel St past Raha Beach. Its the turn off before you come up to Shahama.

Edited by busybee2, 25 February 2009 - 12:19 PM.

#3 Charlie A-M

Charlie A-M

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I see 'Animal Park' and I think of sickly animals being poked through the bars of cages angry.gif

That said, I haven't seen the website or been to the park so I'll reserve judgement until I have done both.

C X

#4 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

yeh C my thoughts too when i saw the sign for the first time.... i think its like a petting zoo but where it is i just drive past the sign.

#5 Sweetpea

Sweetpea

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Friends that have been recently have been very impressed with the set up and care of the animals. The brochure however was a bit misleading as there aren't actually any elephants or tigers!

#6 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

maybe only little ones called cats Scratch-Head.gif laugh.gif

#7 Charlie A-M

Charlie A-M

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

I followed the signs to the one in Bahiya today and it turned out to be just a normal play park, a very nice one indeed but not an animal in sight. It's obviously a different park. That'll teack me not to read the directions on the website!!

C X

#8 my4qtees

my4qtees

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I am heading there on Saturday for a birthday party, will let you know how it goes.

#9 Larks

Larks

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

You need to keep following the signs they are slightly misleading and it does look like they are pointing to the play park but keep going past the park and around the next roundabout. Truely it is there but you have to go into deepest Bahia to find it.
Havent been in myself so cant comment on its state or how well the animals look.

#10 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Charlie A-M @ Feb 26 2009, 08:45 PM)
I followed the signs to the one in Bahiya today and it turned out to be just a normal play park, a very nice one indeed but not an animal in sight. It's obviously a different park. That'll teack me not to read the directions on the website!!

C X

hahahahah thats the one i saw, so you and me fooled Grin-Nod.gif assumed that was the signpost as its in the right sort of area.... but i didnt see any directions as such on website, just 35kms north on way to dubai... which could be anywhere.

#11 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Larks @ Feb 26 2009, 09:19 PM)
You need to keep following the signs they are slightly misleading and it does look like they are pointing to the play park but keep going past the park and around the next roundabout. Truely it is there but you have to go into deepest Bahia to find it.
Havent been in myself so cant comment on its state or how well the animals look.

ok now have scrolled down the rest of the threads and it seems we are not really wrong then. but deepest bahia oh know........ will you come out the other side. mellow.gif

#12 nickfish

nickfish

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I see 'Animal Park' and I think of sickly animals being poked through the bars of cages

Just been to have a look and exactly what charlie a-m says is true.....If you are an animal lover dont go......need I say anymore??

Edited by nickfish, 27 February 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#13 Charlie A-M

Charlie A-M

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Ah!! I new it!! angry.gif Thanks for the heads up nickfish!

C X

#14 Roona51

Roona51

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

Lasoph- just wondered whether you have made it to the Kids Park? We went today and were thoroughly disappointed.

The website looks great, but is far from the reality of the "park". The conditions the animals were kept in was really upsetting. We didn't stay longer than 10 mins.

There were some families that seemed to be enjoying themselves but it wasn't for us.

I would however recommend Al Ain Zoo which appears to provide better conditions for the animals there and is also a cheaper alternative!

#15 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

yep dont go to dxb zoo go to al ain zoo to see the animals.

#16 smokey

smokey

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:15 AM

i saw the Kids Park sign on the way to dubai on friday and made a mental note to self : don't go to avoid disappointment.

#17 nickfish

nickfish

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

I have made mental note to self about it.........go to the animal park, let all the animals out of their tiny cages and aquariums and put them somewhere where they belong and will be happy and healthy. This might sound harsh but they are still alive and look relatively healthy coz they have only been there since Nov 2008, I am not sure how many will make it to the summer. dueling.gif

#18 Indi

Indi

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1835 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

has anyone been there recently?, any better now?

#19 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3274 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

Have been recently. Part of the park is being rebuilt and the whole park is being renamed Emirates Park Zoo. I don't know much about standards of keeping animals in zoos I'm afraid but I imagine it must be very stressful for the animals there as the areas where they are kept are not very large with lots of kids visiting and feeding them all day long. The kids love this interaction with the animals but whether the animals love it can be questioned.

#20 Salkoo

Salkoo

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Have been there twice recently and was actually impressed. Did not really think the conditions were worse than zoo's I've been in before. There are tigers and Giraffes and actually quite a lot of other animals, but it depends on what you are looking for or used to,. I'm not sure what you mean about the condition they are being kept in being really bad, it looks very clean and well kept to me, although admittedly some of the enclosures might be on the small side. I hate to say this but I was impressed with the place and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Sign In