Photo
- - - - -

Taxi For School Pick Up - How About Car Seat?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kenmum

kenmum

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hi All,

I just joined my DH in Abu Dhabi and have not got my ID and driving license yet. My little one (3 years old) will go to FS1 from this Thursday...

DH will drive and do the school drop off in the morning, I will take taxi for school pick up. Is it legal for 3 years old taking taxi without car seat? On the way from airport, there is no car seat in the chaueffaur and the driver did not say anything about it.

I know it is not safe and not the right thing to do, but I need to figure out a temporary solution... What do you do when you take your little one out by taxi? Many thanks!

#2 aussietania

aussietania

Permanently Puzzled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5651 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

If you glance into the majority of cars here you will see children bouncing all over the car whilst it's hurtling down the road at 140 km/hr.  The safety conscious take special precautions with their babies by giving them to the nanny to hold whilst she sits in the back.  I've even seen children asleep on the parcel shelf - which has never seemed to me to be a particularly comfy place to sleep but what would I know?

They talk about enforcing the use of seat belts for children (or passengers generally) but they haven't yet.

#3 Mum80

Mum80

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Personally I would buy an extra seat to take in the taxi. When you have two cars, would you not need one in each anyway? If he's tall/heavy enough you can get one of those booster seats with a back. They're not necessarily that heavy to carry either.

#4 LMP

LMP

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

I agree with Mum80.  Or have your husband leave the carseat at school when he drops your little one off and you can put in the taxi.  

• jcfs likes this

#5 kenmum

kenmum

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! It is a good idea to leave the carseat at school if possible. yeah, better to buy a booster seat, but still not a easy job to carry it with me everywhere. Thinking of buying the trunki backpack booster, light and easy to carry around. My children love trunki :happy:

Sign In