17 replies to this topic

#1 Abudhabimummy

Abudhabimummy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

Not yet, but in a few months I will need a birthday cake for my kiddos - any idea where I can get one from in KCA? or if not in KCA then anywhere in Abu Dhabi... THis might be a stretch but are there any places that sell "healthy" cakes?

#2 smokey

smokey

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Mr Baker in TCA, along Hamdan Street (AD Mall end), near al Salama Hospital.

*note to self - since this seems to be my area of speciality should perhaps save it so in future can just copy and paste directions*

#3 teeej

teeej

Teeej

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4868 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

schlub on this board makes excellent birthday cakes etc xxxx

#4 hoovie

hoovie

Maharishi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

schlub doesnt make cakes anymore as shes doing somethign else!!!

#5 trees

trees

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

hi we had our DD's cake made by the lovely guys at Planet Cafe at mangrove Village, almost kca, - it was delicious- a chocolate cake mind so not of the healthy persuasion (they'd just had spag bol for their food so felt they were okay to have a treat) and not very child orientated though for my 3 old it hit the spot by being chocolate and having candles. Still simple to please - she seemed more interested in eating it and getting the balloons. (From banana balloons at 3 aed each they were a gerat take away gift for the kids)

We did use mr baker last year and she had a huge winnie the pooh (they don't do small cakes here so arrange a coffee morning a few days later - bumps and babes were most grateful of the choc cake this year) which was also delicious but again doesn't hit the healthy button.

Happy hunting
tx

#6 smudge

smudge

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

Ice creme cakes from baskin robbins, they have in Shangri la hotel souq and the muroor co-op. Really good tasting unhealthy (it is a birthday cake huh.gif ) from Miss J cafe.

#7 fatima

fatima

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:33 AM

second smudge

#8 Shali

Shali

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

Hi I live in Khalifa A and have started taking orders for birthday cakes. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Thanks.

#9 annmarie

annmarie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

If you have some pics of your decorated cakes, I think that
would help alot to those who are interested.

#10 Shali

Shali

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

If you are interested in seeing pictures you can send me a message and i'll email my flyer to you. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to upload it to this website.

#11 BusyDad

BusyDad

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Try Seaside bakery close to Abu Dhabi Mall.

#12 IAK

IAK

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Not yet, but in a few months I will need a birthday cake for my kiddos - any idea where I can get one from in KCA? or if not in KCA then anywhere in Abu Dhabi... THis might be a stretch but are there any places that sell "healthy" cakes?

Try My link

#13 angelic arthur

angelic arthur

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

I'll second IAK - her cakes are fantastic and she's extremely helpful and professional.

AA

#14 IAK

IAK

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

I'll second IAK - her cakes are fantastic and she's extremely helpful and professional.

AA

Thanks Angelic for your lovely words. My aim is always to see the "WOW" expression on the customer's face when they see the cake. That really makes all the effort worthwhile. :victory:

#15 lisajack1

lisajack1

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hi I live in Khalifa A and have started taking orders for birthday cakes. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Thanks.

#16 lisajack1

lisajack1

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

hi, do you still do birthday cakes?? if so, do you do themed ones for kids?? How much approx. I went to miss j cafe today, OMG what a rip off!!! need it for the first july 2011

#17 dodgypoolhouse

dodgypoolhouse

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

La Brioche! Fab cakes - can order day before and will do any kind of picture, character or otherwise!

Easy and not expensive. Tasty cake too.

#18 3xmom

3xmom

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

hi, do you still do birthday cakes?? if so, do you do themed ones for kids?? How much approx. I went to miss j cafe today, OMG what a rip off!!! need it for the first july 2011

She still does...my dd's classmate had ordered one from last week.

Sign In