54 replies to this topic

#41 Wan Yas Marina

Wan Yas Marina

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Suleen, many thanks for the reply, every month my hubby contact HR for the update but the answer still the same they said we can't do anything and just wait for reply from SC. Do you received any call from SC asking your details etc?

Ira/Abu Dhabi

#42 Suleen

Suleen

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

@Luce :  Well...when I read that email from HR i got really confused....im trying to be as positive as can be...im working on other things in the meantime...if it works out then yey me...and if it doesnt...i have other things to look forward to!

@Wan Yas Marina: same thing here...I contact them every month and they keep saying that it is still in process. last email as i said she felt really bad for making me wait all this time...but they cant really do anything ! no i did not receive any call from SC...my only contact is the University HR thats it! I will keep you posted if anything came up!

Thanks everyone for your replies and comments I really appreciate it!

• Wan Yas Marina likes this

#43 Wan Yas Marina

Wan Yas Marina

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Luce

the answer from HR almost the same, may be they should keep all the info P&C till SC give final result, one of the answer from HR to me is 'have you found any other job?' hmmm but is it the same process happen to all if they are going to join government sector? I mean semi Gov. or full Gov. hard for them also to get the new staff if need to wait till 3 to 6 months approval from SC.

Anyone know the next process after approval? Kindly share for our early preparation. Thanks

Ira/Abu Dhabi

• Suleen likes this

#44 Bodhi

Bodhi

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

HR likely telling the truth, they don't know where it is in the pipeline and sympathize with you - hence the look elsewhere.

Suggest to keep it on the backburner - if and when it comes you reassess. In the meantime explore your options...

Is the private sector doing some research relevant to stem cells? Cleveland Clinic is hiring? Others?

There's always healthcare / life-sciences consulting as a route but nature of job isn't for everyone... Booz & Co., PwC, Deloitte and others have teams that may require someone with your profile and expertise.

• Suleen likes this

#45 Indi

Indi

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

I dont know why nowadays is taking so long, back in 2008, i went for the interview, and got medical and security clearances within 3 weeks. I am working for a semi goverment oil company. I heard now it is taking up to 6 months, crazy!!!!!!
  • Suleen likes this

#46 seaweed

seaweed

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

We are still getting security clearances done in anything between 3 weeks and 2 months - and we put people into places where they need high levels of clearance. I have never heard of anyone's clearance taking more than 3 months, and even that is exceptional. I am wondering whether your HR are blaming security for another reason... I know that a number of Govt and semi-Govt organisations are desperately trying to hit emiritisation targets, and I wonder whether they are stringing you along in the hope that they might find an Emirati to do the job before they need to give you a definite offer?

#47 Suleen

Suleen

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

@Bodhi : "Suggest to keep it on the backburner - if and when it comes you reassess. In the meantime explore your options..." This is exactly what Im doing! I have an interview this sunday for a part time job...im not gonna sit around and wait but the options are very limited!

In the private sector...any company hospital clinic you name it! cleveland clinic was on top of my list I tried every possible way it took me months until i got to the head of the research department! and no they dont have anything for me! at the moment in cleveland there's not much!

My husband works for deloitte and I considered consulting but in their helathcare department they are not working on anything related to my field!!

Im tyring not to stick to one area...i targeted sales...it was such a horrible idea...it is not me on any level!...i tried applying for positions such as laboratory technicien...you need to have HAAD license...if not then all i will do is get the blood samples and test them ! I tried applying to be a science teacher in reputable schools.. Their reply was unbelievable...they set up a phone interview to say that i am on top of their list and the first vacancy would be mine however i need to know that I am 'overqualified' as a school teacher! ...still keeping my hopes up...its been almost a year here...i need a stable job...im doing a few other things in the meantime... I am a pianist so I give piano lessons to children...I have a few students they are adorable and make the best out of my days...im free lancing for a company...but nothing so far related to my field of study...nothing stable...an actual job proper paying.... :S :S :S

oops i think i just wrote too much....thanks for reading and thank you for your pst!!!

#48 Suleen

Suleen

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

@Indi: I know right?!!! im not sure if you read the previous posts but some had to wait for 9 months!!

#49 Suleen

Suleen

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

We are still getting security clearances done in anything between 3 weeks and 2 months - and we put people into places where they need high levels of clearance. I have never heard of anyone's clearance taking more than 3 months, and even that is exceptional. I am wondering whether your HR are blaming security for another reason... I know that a number of Govt and semi-Govt organisations are desperately trying to hit emiritisation targets, and I wonder whether they are stringing you along in the hope that they might find an Emirati to do the job before they need to give you a definite offer?

its been exactly 3 months for me...so I MIGHT get an asnwer very soon!
I had the same doubts and said to myself perhaps they are just blaming it on the clearance!! and you make a great point about the emiritisation targets cz ive heard it from many ppl!

Thanks for your comment! hopefully ill be back with some good news soon!

#50 Snow

Snow

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sullen , how can you be overqualified as a school teacher if you are not a qualified teacher?

#51 Snow

Snow

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Oops sorry suleen silly autocorrect changed your name

#52 Suleen

Suleen

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Okay, so the waiting is over...they got back to me...they are going for the other candidate since my security clearance took that long (3 months to be exact) they need someone to start the work by august before school year knowing that the fall semester in the University will start in September...the whole process started in january...it just ended in late july ...no security clearance no stable job!  for all others try to stay positive!

@snow: I have taken excessive training dring my masters for 'scientific communication' which means I am trained to explain science to others in a simple way...this was the interesting part for them! no problem for the autocorrect!

I see a dead end for me here in abu dhabi.....

• Wan Yas Marina likes this

#53 Leenie

Leenie

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Finally all approved start work in a few weeks.....All in all it's taken almost 2 years

#54 Wan Yas Marina

Wan Yas Marina

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Leenie,

You wait 2 years for the security clearance?

#55 Leenie

Leenie

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Well interview january 2012,start info to Data flow complete May, submitted by Dataflow to HAAD September, lisense approved January 2013, then march papers to Tawteen approved last week,it's a very long tedious process.

Sign In