anyone got GPS co-ords please????

#22 kala76

kala76

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone other than Suesol and Brunilda found this nursery in Baniyas? Scratch-Head.gif

Some of my plants are looking a little sick in this heat and will not likely bounce back (Ok - call them dead!). unsure.gif
Would really like to find this nursery.. so any other helpful info (like GPS coordinates) is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks in Advance Victory.gif

#23 moving to AD

moving to AD

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

This is information that I will need also. Is it possible to grow herbs & tomatoes on windowboxes? also can I get a lemon tree - I've always wanted one for the odd G&T moment!!

#24 Karlou

Karlou

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

thanks sue for the directions, we found it. Just a warning though when you head out there this coming week, they changed the big fly over and there is somewhat of a detour.

I think I saved the location on my gps, will right it down tomorrow and post it here.

We didnt get anything today but walked around and liked what they had to offer.

We found a good website that shows loads of info of middle east plants: www 800plants com It is actually also a UAE nursery that cant be too far away

Currently doing planning of what we want to get as we have given up on any garden services helping, we have to save this garden ourselves, and its a bit difficult if there isnt a true green finger around!

#25 Karlou

Karlou

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hey,

Hope all is well, I know this is a bit back, but do you still have GPS coordinates???

Thanks,

#26 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

Any coordinates for Mussafah nursery or Baniyas?...... highly appreciated.......i tried going there on directions above but got lost (nothing to do with the directions, everything to do with my navigation and comprehension!)

#27 PuppyLove

PuppyLove

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

Anyone got the GPS co-ordinates? For those of us who just blindly follow the voice in our cars....

#28 KEL

KEL

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

If you are coming from the city...

Sorry, but coming from the city via which street? Airport Road (2nd St.) or Khaleej Al Arabi (30th St.)?

#29 tri-geek

tri-geek

The Big Cheese

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6585 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:45 AM

Come up to Khalifa B turn off on 30street. Take the road through Khalifa B (about 7 round a bouts) over the flyover and into the baniyas. Stay on the road until you can go no further then turn right. Go to the next round about/dead end and then go left. Go to the end of this road and then turn left. Its directly on the right hand side.

X marks the spot

Attached Files

#30 tri-geek

tri-geek

The Big Cheese

• Admin
  • 6585 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Did anyone go there recently? I went today and it was closed. Looking at the plants it appeared they hadn't been watered in a while. Could just be that it's hot out today?

#31 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

Hi TG,

Thanks for the directions. Haven't had time to go by there yet but will be going tomorrow after the school-run and have a look. Will post feedback and coordinates too.....hope the plants aren't too dried up.

#32 nutcase

nutcase

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

I found the place using the directions and map but...
after you pass the houses on your right and trees on your left when you get to a roundabout, turn left, direct on your right you see a little nursery (yes where half of the plants do look dead, go on along the road, past the sheep salesmen, on the left other side of the road you see a big planted up green area with greenhouses, do a u-turn up the road past the speed humps and head back to the nursery with green houses that you saw.

Health looking plants, sorry no GPS, but the map above is good. Print out and take it with you.

#33 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

I could say i gave up looking because of my 1yr old behind me, crying with all his might for me to go home and put him in his cot for a nice sleep......or truth be known i think im sure i took the wrong fly-over...42street i think closer to Shawamekh or didnt turn off it into Baniyas soon enough...i do feel silly considering this nursery has been up the road for me for years and i didnt know........directions great, just the interpretaor wrong, will try again later in week! :)

#34 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Ok bear with me please, im trying to write this as quick as i can and a little pressed for time...........i think if i leave it until tonight i wont remember all the route i took.

TG and Nutcase, your directions were great. I actually passed right by the nursery making a u-turn on the actual roundabout its situated on as i had given up (i guess i was looking for a built up residential area for some unkown reason).

Ok here it goes, if your your coming from the direction of 30th Street (Airport Road) take the exit off that goes into Khalifa City South or Khalifa City B (as it is better known). You will be faced with desolate landscape either side of the road (KCA). Drive straight for at least 4 roundabouts (this is 16th Street i believe). On the 4th roundabout, voila you start to see life (residential area) this will also be where the road street number changes from 16th to 40th Street i believe. Continue to go straight, passing another 2 roundabouts and onto the flyover. After the flyover continue straight another 2 roundabouts (roundabout 2 is a dead-end, so you will take right here). Drive past a Grand Hypermarket on your right up to the next roundabout, take a left here. There is desolation mostly on your left as far as the eye can see and residences on your right. Continue straight for 5 roundabouts. Roundabout 5 is much larger at a much larger intersection (showing interchange as 1st street on my satnav). Take a left at this roundabout.

Right on the corner and on your right-hand side is Tashjeer Landscape. Open 6am-12pm / 3pm-7pm everyday (except Friday mornings). Best English speaker there is Engineer Irfan who will also arrange landscaping. You can also speak to Aziz. This nursery is the one Tri-geek spotted and i agree the plants do look slightly dry and in need of tlc in the shape of probably more water?? Im not the best green-fingers i know (however much i wish to be, but trying) but these are plants for outdoors and some are in shade/some not, but somethings could be a little different, maybe they go easy on the water. There are also green houses......have a look.....im sure another reader more adept at caring for plants might be able to diagnose the 'problem' but i wouldnt write these plants off, i think with the right care they should really flourish.

On the same stretch of high-way on the opposite side is Gulf Nursery. Open 8am-1m / 3pm-9pm everyday (Except Friday mornings). Spoke To Mohamed. There shop is behind the pink shops in Khalifa City A. There was some implication / understanding :)))) on my part, that if you go there and choose plants and take away, the prices should be better than the shop. He didnt say it out-right but i would think so, especially if you are doing the carriage. The plants here are altogether more lush to my fairly uneducated green eye.......but i noticed they were all mostly under cover, shade or green houses. So it would be good to hear from those that have purchased from this supplier about how the plants do fare when they are under 50 degree desert sun. It also seemed a much bigger and organised set-up. To get here, as Nutcase mentioned i passed the goats and sheep seller on my right-hand side (good photo-op) just after Tashjeer Landscape and drove a couple of km's on this open road, to make a u-turn. The u-turn i made in the sand, just after the road-works in front of the Mosque on the left-hand side of the road. Didnt want to risk going any further. Would be nice to know the way to approach the Gulf Nursery before Tashjeer as your back-tracking so far.

I do have the co-ordinates, but my satnav battery has died next to me. Will post this evening. HTH.

#35 triplets-heaven

triplets-heaven

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1642 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

Wow babybutterfly! Thanks! Though i don't have a back yard, i am very interested in checking out the place now (hoping to get a back yard next house we move to), but all i can think of reading your post was someone reading it from the States, you know while still in the States and has never been to this region? I was laughing out loud :)

#36 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

I really had to pace myself as im useless with interpretating directions, so bad i would probably go again and call home lost :) really! so for me, good to write it down. Plus its every roundabout...aversion....persons... nightmare!!! Dh from US and hates roundabouts, so is happy to see the back of them when we leave here :)

Gulf Nursery Baniyas co-ordinates: N2418.543' E05440.340'

Tashjeer Landscape Baniyas co-ordinates: N2418.243' E05440.153'

Good Luck!

Edited by babybutterfly, 16 June 2010 - 06:50 PM.

#37 tri-geek

tri-geek

The Big Cheese

• Admin
  • 6585 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

Could you get in the Gulf Nursery?

#38 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

I did, but i had my mini-human timer with me (my 3year old daughter) so could only have a quick look around. The plants looked really healthy and well taken care of but mostly if not all shaded in one way or another. He kept referring me to their shop behind pink shops in KCA for any queries relating to landscaping or having someone take a look at your yard or for sourcing their sand/gravel supplies from Al Ain or laying grass etc. It seemed they were happy to help if you are purchasing and taking away plants on the spot but i would insist on lower prices.

Sign In