52 replies to this topic

#21 aussietania

aussietania

Permanently Puzzled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5825 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Heard today that a Wallis was going to open somewhere in Abu Dhabi. Can't wait for that to happen. I'm sick of trying to contort myself into silly Italian/Spanish/anorexic clothing......Does anybody recall seeing that particular logo at Al Wahda Mall?

#22 gymnast77

gymnast77

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Does the new extension have George (as in from Asda in the UK?) If so is it open? Many thanks x

#23 Lammas

Lammas

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8368 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

New extension does have George, they were putting in the stock today as we walked past and looks close to opening.

#24 Lammas

Lammas

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 8368 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Heard today that a Wallis was going to open somewhere in Abu Dhabi. Can't wait for that to happen. I'm sick of trying to contort myself into silly Italian/Spanish/anorexic clothing......Does anybody recall seeing that particular logo at Al Wahda Mall?

Saw lots of stores T but Wallis wasn't one of them.....some stores were still being fitted out and did not have a name above the door so it could well be coming to Wahda.

#25 Pete79

Pete79

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Tommy Bahamas the awful men's clothes or the great resturant chain in States?

Edited by Pete79, 08 September 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#26 noches

noches

nochKP on Twitter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Tommy Bahamas the awful men's clothes or the great resturant chain in States?

Well, they didn't look like awful clothes nor where they serving food, so maybe a different shop. Just teasing, obv. Just looked like a generic mid range men's fashion.

#27 Ms Medieval

Ms Medieval

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Ooooh Wallis! & I think I read somewhere that Dorothy Perkins might open too? All we need now is a decent Debenhams & we'll never have to go clothes shopping in Dubai again :biggrin2:

Edited by Ms Medieval, 09 September 2012 - 09:46 AM.

• aussietania, Jennyr_au and toomanyflannels like this

#28 Lammas

Lammas

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 8368 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ooooh Wallis! & I think I read somewhere that Dorothy Perkins might open too? All we need now is a decent Debenhams & we'll never have to go clothes shopping in Dubai again :biggrin2:

Dorothy Perkins has a store coming to the new extension at Wahda Mall, we walked past it yesterday
  • Ms Medieval and toomanyflannels like this

#29 pennyblack

pennyblack

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Wallis coming soon at Dalma Mall - Mussaffah
  • aussietania, mummy2dolly, Ms Medieval and 1 other like this

#30 yeng277

yeng277

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

went through the extension of Al Wahda last weekend to go to the main mall (coming from the bus station). i in deed saw some of the stores with staff fixing all displays and stuff. i don't think i will ever have to go to abu dhabi mall once the shops there open. the place is massive and it reminds me of the malls in dubai. i'm actually happy to see that area come to life. i dunno.. but abu dhabi mall really bores me.

#31 jcfs

jcfs

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

i just hope they'll put up the directories/maps/signs for where all the stores are. that's what i like best about the wahda mall, besides the location and easy parking. i hate going around in circles at abu dhabi mall and marina mall, such a waste of time. i'm looking forward to the new stores opening. it'll mean very few trips to abu dhabi mall, or the malls in dubai. yay!

#32 toomanyflannels

toomanyflannels

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

I will be opening the Lush Cosmetics store in the new extension. It was supposed to open on 1/9/12 then 5/9/12 and now I have no idea! When I went to have a look to see which stores have opened already, (last week) there were none. So, we will have a 'soft' opening... soon??? and our 'grand' opening... probably on the 1st of October when ALL stores SHOULD be open. If you get any more news, please share!
xx
  • Amulet likes this

#33 toomanyflannels

toomanyflannels

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Amen to that!!! in the first week I arrived I spent 7 hours in Marina Mall trying on clothes as I couldn't bring many in my 30kg luggage!!! No joy! I will hunt it down! If you find it before me, do share! :) xx

#34 paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

that's what i like best about the wahda mall, besides the location and easy parking

That goes to prove that everyone sees things differently, because I just hate the parking at Al Wahda. It seems to me the most poorly designed carpark in the world. I haven't been to all the carparks in the world of course, but I can't imagine a worse one. As for the poor men who have to work in there all day among those fumes and in that oppressive heat.

Mind you, the third or fourth time I went to Abu Dhabi Mall, I was within thirty seconds of taking my children, getting in a taxi and telling my husband I'd lost the car because I could not, for the life of me, find the escalator I'd used.
  • aussietania, Jennyr_au, bunnyrabbit and 5 others like this

#35 mommy121

mommy121

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

What a disappointment. :glare: ..................................(sigh) so many new names but still no sign of Tavola.Looks like they were looking for a place in AD but no one informed them abt the extension :scratch:

#36 Goldie

Goldie

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Is there a new ballet shop opened in there?? I am sooo waiting to actually try on shoes and then buy...

#37 toomanyflannels

toomanyflannels

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

I am not sure but the woman at the info desk did reply like she had been asked a million times. I can't see where the malls connect up inside, on the second floor is a model and a wall with a big poster advertising the extention coming soon but if this is the only access point its badly designed as it should be linked in more than one place. Also that wall hasn't been turned into doors yet so it's not happening anytime soon by the look of things.

Don't ask the girls at the desk, they said the stores will open in November!!! I spoke to the Mall Manager today(I am waiting to open my store) and stores are opening as and when they are ready, and as of today there are a total of 18 stores now open in the extension.
The 'Grand Opening' of the extension will be in December - from the horses mouth!
xx

#38 toomanyflannels

toomanyflannels

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Don't ask the girls at the desk, they said the stores will open in November!!! I spoke to the Mall Manager today(I am waiting to open my store) and stores are opening as and when they are ready, and as of today there are a total of 18 stores now open in the extension.
The 'Grand Opening' of the extension will be in December - from the horses mouth!
xx

oops! I forgot to mention that there are no doors inside - you just walk through to the 'other side!' you probably know that now (I've just realised this post is over a week old!)

#39 Jennyr_au

Jennyr_au

Maharishi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5281 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

Have they put in another car park there? The entrance to the original one is a disaster!!!!
  • zman75 and luminescence like this

#40 Moonbear

Moonbear

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi Toomanyflannels,
I was so happy to see the new Lush store when I visited the extension earlier this week and look forward to your opening - this will save me (& DH!) many a trip to Dubai. I've been a Lush customer for many years and a Cosmetics To Go fan before that (now that really is showing my age!). I hope the new store will stock a greater range of products than Dubai - it seems a bit limited sometimes? I also hope your prices will be comparable with those in the UK - some of the products in Dubai seem to be priced way over the odds - for that reason I often stock up in the UK on certain items. I know about the whole freshness thing and have also heard tales of woe about Customs delays spoiling stock - I just don't buy it really (pardon the pun......)! I'll also take this opportunity to beg Lush to bring back the Sakura bath bomb - yes, I know it's still available as part of a gift pack but I don't want the other products in the gift pack - I just want my fizzing cherry blossom goodness back again please :) Oh and please ask them to take the colouring out of the Karma solid fragrance stick as it stains white bras orangey in this heat and humidity (have previously posted this on the Lush website). Happy days :)
Moonbear
  • heartshape and toomanyflannels like this

Sign In