3 replies to this topic

#1 gardengirl

gardengirl

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

I know there are many new people (like myself) with a lack of transportation. I came across a very nice taxi driver who is polite, respectful, safe (does not drive insane or at excessive speed), obeys the signs and speed limit! Yesterday we had to go out in the middle of the desert to buy a fridge and when the mover showed up to load the fridge our taxi driver jumped out of the car and helped trek the fridge out through the sand without a second thought.
He's taken us all over Abu Dhabi and has been a gem to have such patience, he's made getting around the island stress free and pleasant. I thought I'd pass this along to make it easier on someone else. :)

His name Sunil and he is from Nepal. His mobile number 0556269813

Kristi

#2 Nikko

Nikko

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Oh lovely!!I plan on keeping this number!!Thank you!

#3 Thebes

Thebes

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

It is good to keep a number or two :thumbsup: , especially if it's not easy to give out your address when you call the company for a cab. I have a couple that I call when I need to go to the airport, instead of lugging my bags all the way out to the main street. Also whenever I need to go to Dubai, because I like to know that I'd be with someone decent for the hour it takes to get there :cool26:.

#4 austin_expat

austin_expat

Star Coach

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Finding someone like that is a real jem. I hd the pleasure of being picked from work in 2004 my a taxi driver who spoke English and was such a sincere and respectable man. Over the years, he and I became friends and I have gotten to know his family back in Pakistan.

Honest, straightforward, hard- working He left driving taxi to own a transport bus with one of his cousins.
He has taken families to Dubai with all their "stuff" when they were flying out; he has met families who were first arriving and managed to make their "first" trip a lot less painful.

So if any knows of anyone looking for a outsourced services of a maintained 30 seater bus with a driver for either school routes or business/ office personnel transport, do drop me a line.

Sign In