19 replies to this topic

#1 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi has anyone been to see these or knows anything about them? The ones overlooking AD golf course, on paper they look great but seem a bit isolated..

Appreciate any insight, I'm viewing one on Thursday.

#2 Lillypad

Lillypad

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Would love to know as well bunnyrabbit, the pics look quite nice and modern, with decent floor plans and the prices reasonable. They seem to have odd visiting times so can't get to see them.

#3 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Im going on Thursday afternoon, I think the issue is that the Sorouh office on site gives access and they close at 2pm. we took a drive up yesterday and its a complete building site around it although the buildings themselves are finished and look nice.
Where did you get a floor plan, I couldnt see one?

Will report back on Thursday!

#4 tri-geek

tri-geek

The Big Cheese

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6359 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Im going on Thursday afternoon, I think the issue is that the Sorouh office on site gives access and they close at 2pm. we took a drive up yesterday and its a complete building site around it although the buildings themselves are finished and look nice.
Where did you get a floor plan, I couldnt see one?

Will report back on Thursday!

How do you get there?

#5 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Not sure if this is the best way to go, but I drove into KCA, past Al Yasmina and towards Al Forsan, and just before the roundabout there is a sign for Al Rayyana, we drove through a building site to get to the apartments. I dont know if this is the official way to get there though, hoping there might be another entrance as it wasnt very picturesque!

#6 Pilgram

Pilgram

Maharishi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

How much are 3 bedrooms going for?

#7 tri-geek

tri-geek

The Big Cheese

• Admin
  • 6359 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Found this http://www.uae2let.c...ty-1/al-rayyana

Khidmah is Sorough
  • bunnyrabbit likes this

#8 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Theres an ad in AD Weekly says from 131k for the 3 beds.

#9 Pilgram

Pilgram

Maharishi

• Members
  • 3209 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hmm, but the 2 bedrooms have a maids room....

January can not come soon enough.

#10 Pilgram

Pilgram

Maharishi

• Members
  • 3209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

So how was it bunnyrabbit? we went and drove around it on Saturday. It looks nice from the Outside, but its just so difficult to get to.

#11 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Apparently there is another entrance, from the Golf Course side, but I dont know how to get to it.

Apartments were really nice, nicely finished, PP are showing people around down there, thats who I seen.

The variation in price for the 3 beds is dependant on view and floor, and some have different layouts, needless to say golf course views at the top end of the scale, but there seems to be some offer on just now you get 10% cash back, that wont work for me, as its my company leasing so I hope they would just give reduced rent (but then it would be that lower rent that they have to base next years on so not sure they will go for that). I didnt see 2 bed apartment, I think the guy from Pink said there were none available now but more would be released soon.

Pros: Nice finishing, spacious, looks like the community facilities actually will be finished by the end of the year and will be a bit like the Springs in Dubai idea, small mall with a few shops in it as well as leisure facilities. Awesome views of lush green golf course.

Cons: Entry is 15th August. Allegedly, so I wouldnt sign up to anything as its been delayed a few times, dont know if you can have bbq, pets, bit of a building site on way in, there is underground and outside parking spaces, not sure which is allocated, hopefully underground....

IF I can get a golf course view within my budget and parking is OK and its handed over soon then I will possible move here, however, as its all a bit uncertain I will probably end up just moving within Al Reef.

I'd say go and look at them they are a nice standard and have a nice feel.

#12 Pilgram

Pilgram

Maharishi

• Members
  • 3209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Will go look this weekend. The 2 bed is still a bit out of our budget, but I'm hoping it might go down.

#13 tri-geek

tri-geek

The Big Cheese

• Admin
  • 6359 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

There is a shortage of power in AD. Might want to ask about it, if it is not on.

#14 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Its nigh on impossible to look at the weekend, I think its as all the viewings and keys are handled via Sorouh, as far as Im aware its only available to view 9 until 2 Sunday to Thursday, not ideal for most people, but I think this is their office hours, I went on a Saturday, a week ago for a drive around and didnt get past security.

#15 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Good point re power, was told its all running on generators.... fine until the generator gives up! I have heard that Al Muneera are having power cuts daily because of this. Maybe old Al Reef aint so bad after all! :biggrin1:

#16 Pilgram

Pilgram

Maharishi

• Members
  • 3209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Its nigh on impossible to look at the weekend, I think its as all the viewings and keys are handled via Sorouh, as far as Im aware its only available to view 9 until 2 Sunday to Thursday, not ideal for most people, but I think this is their office hours, I went on a Saturday, a week ago for a drive around and didnt get past security.

Well that's a bit dumb, Saturday is really the only time we have. Ah well, we aren't moving till Jan anyway.

#17 Lillypad

Lillypad

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

I know that's the reason I couldn't go. 10-2 are their ramadan hours. Earliest I can leave is 2, and latest I can start is 10 so completely useless. Bit hard to ask for more time off when I am not even fasting and already on reduced hours! Anyway, I am in no rush and I am considering Sas and a few other places. I'd have gone to Reef but the company I work for is G'vt and has a policy that it won't take leases in 'freehold' areas :cry_smile: Getting fed up of house hunting!

Good to know they are nice though, but the pet thing is a dealbreaker for me as I have cats and they don't seem to have an answer on that point.

#18 Pilgram

Pilgram

Maharishi

• Members
  • 3209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I k I'd have gone to Reef but the company I work for is G'vt and has a policy that it won't take leases in 'freehold' areas :cry_smile:

Is that a new policy? My company is gov't too and they've never said anything about my renting in Reef. :wacko:

#19 Lillypad

Lillypad

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

No it is not new, I don't think it applies to all Gov't but definitely everyone I know here has not been able to get leases in Reef, Reem, Al Raha etc. because of this. You have to take the allowance and get the lease yourself. I don't want the responsibility of that (or the bills :wink: )

#20 princessleia

princessleia

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

regarding al rayyana- nice place but very dubious replies on when it will be functional and whether deadlines will be met. Went last week and asked a number of questions that were meant to be answered by the estate agents handling the estate. still waiting although questions were basic :(
  • tri-geek and bunnyrabbit like this

Sign In