Photo

In Renewing Maid's Visa - Needs Tenancy Contract As Well?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I'm due to renew my maid's visa...just wondering if I will need to have an attested tenancy contract as well....and if I will use the 30-day grace period, do I have to notify the immigration or ministry of interior?

Thanks!

#2 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Answering my own question as I went to the immigration today.... yes the "attested" tenancy contract is now required.

#3 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Requirements for renewal of servant visa: (as of July 1st, 2012)
  • Servant's original passport
  • Servant's photo with white background (1 piece)
  • Sponsor's passport copy
  • Sponsor's salary certificate in Arabic
  • Sponsor's labour contract copy
  • Attested tenancy contract in sponsor's name*NEW REQUIREMENT
Tenancy Contract:
  • The tenancy contract should be under the sponsor's name
  • It does not matter for now the type of house or apartment. (ex. villa, 3br, 1br, studio)
  • The tenancy contract should be attested by the Municipality of Abu Dhabi (Baladiya). To attest it, you need to also to present the Tawtheeq receipt. Ask the landlord for this receipt.

#4 lovingmy40s

lovingmy40s

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1482 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

So what if you live in a hotel apartment provided for by the company? So silly....

#5 pumpkin

pumpkin

madwife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6245 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Tell me about it...what if Manazel (Al Reef) don't have the paperwork to do this as theres has run out!!!!!!!

#6 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

So what if you live in a hotel apartment provided for by the company? So silly....

Your company/PRO can help you best. ;-)

#7 lovingmy40s

lovingmy40s

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1482 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Ya'd think......

#8 pebbles

pebbles

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

We just renewed our maids visa and while we needed the tenancy contract , it didn't need to be attested.

#9 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

We just renewed our maids visa and while we needed the tenancy contract , it didn't need to be attested.

thanks pebbles. Great. I have just finished with all the requirements this morning (health + daman + sponsor cert etc). Will go to the typing center tomorrow for the application then submit to the immigration.

What typing center did you use? How much did you pay? The one beside the immigration (Al Huda Typing) and Infinity Services in Marina Mall told me about the requirements with emphasis on the attestation. If the immigration does not require it, that is even better news.

Thanks for sharing.

#10 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Got my maid's visa renewed last night! Yey! They did require tenancy contract but no more attestation or other things.

#11 pumpkin

pumpkin

madwife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6245 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

I think they dropped the attestation bit when they changed the law about 3 times in a few weeks! They are just trying to keep us on our toes maybe? Or send us crazy or bankrupt :biggrin1:

#12 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I think they dropped the attestation bit when they changed the law about 3 times in a few weeks! They are just trying to keep us on our toes maybe? Or send us crazy or bankrupt :biggrin1:

I read about the news on July 11th in The National newspaper (and renewed my maid's visa on the same day :biggrin2:)... they said that there are allowing it (no attestation) now because there are lots of expats whose visa will be expiring this summer and want to renew it now before going home for their vacation.

Sign In