17 replies to this topic

#1 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3274 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

Stopped by at the Shoe Mart Sale at the Old coop today. Big mistake. Too many people, too few shop assistants, some shoes had only one shoe on the shelf and you had to request the other and not enough employees to get them from the storage room, lots of people waiting outside the storage room and angry shop assistants trying to push their way in. After doing my math and realising I'd only save 30 Dhs on two pair of girl's shoes I gave up and left (after arguing with a shop assistant who accused me of standing in the way to the storage room - as I was hanging around with two solo right shoes). I'm not usually one to lose my calm but this was too crazy for me.

#2 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

Oh you shoulda just got one of the kids to fart loudly and strongly then exit stage left.
Like the new signature btw.

#3 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

the sales are always like that, LC you should 'know' better 023.gif

#4 dakmor

dakmor

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

I got a phonecall from Studio R today telling me thier sale starts on Monday, If anyone's interested.

#5 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • 3274 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Perhaps I shall have to go back and fart once the sales are over because I don't think anyone would notice right now.

BB2, I'm an optimist. I live in hope.

#6 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Lara Croft @ Jun 13 2008, 09:29 PM)
Perhaps I shall have to go back and fart once the sales are over because I don't think anyone would notice right now.

BB2, I'm an optimist. I live in hope.

You need to come to my house Cauliflower and Broccoli daily -Evacuation Procedure stuff!

#7 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • 3274 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:36 PM

Ha ha, well, at least you're out in KCA now so we're safe on the island.

#8 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
I'm saving like mad to get back...............a mere 550 000 will get me a nice 5 bedder opposite Carrefour n Airport Road complete with my own grand prix in the back garden-almost!

#9 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

nope me though! but she is closer to the social support centre or the police station...!

LC you must have been to the baby shop sale at some point here ninja.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif

#10 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

oh you dont want to be opp car4 as thats too near the airport havent you seen the big cargo planes come in and 'nearly' touch down but then 'take off' again.

#11 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

No worries Beebs-like I'm so NOT going to pay 550 000 rent.

#12 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

i know that white.gif

#13 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • 3274 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

Let's hope for the best, Phoenix, replace the broccoli by hoummus and foul, same effect, much cheaper. Could help get you back across the bridge as long term plan... although as Ceasar said "Alea iacta est" when he crossed the Rubicon, in Abu Dhabi there's always a come back, U-turns are allowed.

Usually avoid the sales as most tend to be pretty rubbish but happened to pass by today and entered "on a whim". At least in baby shop things are hanging and you can grab them and go but it's not the same in a shoe shop where you need someone to bring you different sizes or at least the left shoe.

#14 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

just worked out the costs:

550,000 dhs to GBP is 76,883.07 a year or 6,406.92 a month or 1,601.73 a week. Scratch-Head.gif white.gif for a badly constructed concrete box with no maintenance etc etc (isnt that more that some people's salary..!)

#15 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

Insanity that's what it is...............know what though? some people are paying it-well their Co.s are.

That said, I so love my life here and the life my kids have.....
As my 'summer recess' departure date draws closer the less enchanted I am with the prospect of spending 6 weeks in UK

#16 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

hahahaha not for me still be here, I looked on the website to see how much my tickets would cost me if I bought them today, and by buying and paying for them earlier I have saved 35k so do you think I can go out and spend that saving 023.gif

#17 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Lara Croft @ Jun 13 2008, 10:01 PM)
Let's hope for the best, Phoenix, replace the broccoli by hoummus and foul, same effect, much cheaper. Could help get you back across the bridge as long term plan... although as Ceasar said "Alea iacta est" when he crossed the Rubicon, in Abu Dhabi there's always a come back, U-turns are allowed.

Usually avoid the sales as most tend to be pretty rubbish but happened to pass by today and entered "on a whim". At least in baby shop things are hanging and you can grab them and go but it's not the same in a shoe shop where you need someone to bring you different sizes or at least the left shoe.

Oooooooooh Lara my kids so wouldn't do Hoummus-they like 'naked food' i.e nothing with sauce or dippy stuff.I swear Jamie Oliver pinched his Naked Chef idea from my two.Ever since they were teeensy they have been great veggie eaters so long as it was naked trees(broccoli without mayo or butter) naked cauliflower sans fromage and naked carrots(without seeds or honey)....

#18 busybee2

busybee2

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • 9435 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

and phoenix from that nice expensive villa you cant even see the 'plane on a stick' anymore as that has moved.

Sign In