#1 melaiene

melaiene

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

Im looking for a flat in Reem but I would like to know about the general maintenence and other costs that are extra and not mentioned in the contract. Has anyone come up with such issues in thier contracts.

I believe Raha Garden also has problems with regard to thier high chiller charges due to which many residents dont like to live there, so is there any such problem in Reem flats. How much water and electricity charges do you pay on average for a month..?

What about availability of grocery stores and other facilities like Cabs and Buses inside Reem...? Is these available there now or will it be there in future?

I hope to get much needed answers to help me decide the flat im looking for.

#2 angee cajun girl

angee cajun girl

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hello,

I live in Marina square on al reem island in a 3 bedroom flat. I love it here. Has a pool, gym, taxi. I call for and they are here within 1o mins. Nice area.

#3 lzohrad

lzohrad

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

Firstly I'd give you heads up as to how you go about renting, don't go through agents, go directly to Khidmah sales or sorouh, that way you avoid paying agent fees.

In relation to unforseen charges, so far we have had to pay for the cleaning of AC which was a bit unfair as we only moved in in Jan this year a 3 months later it needed to be cleaned, this came to 400 dirhams.

There are normal service fees included in the renting, which pay for servicing the building etc.

There's a mall opening in June, but the date is not set in stone as it was actually supposed to open late last year, there will be a waitrose, but this is not a lulu type supermarket, it is pricey.

Cabs are fine generally, if you need to be somewhere at a particular time you just call one in advance.

Facilities are great, no problems there.

Window cleaning is a bit problematic, doesn't happen as often as residents would like, but hey it's a dusty place so the windows are never going to be clean all the time.

#4 melaiene

melaiene

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

Firstly I'd give you heads up as to how you go about renting, don't go through agents, go directly to Khidmah sales or sorouh, that way you avoid paying agent fees.

In relation to unforseen charges, so far we have had to pay for the cleaning of AC which was a bit unfair as we only moved in in Jan this year a 3 months later it needed to be cleaned, this came to 400 dirhams.

There are normal service fees included in the renting, which pay for servicing the building etc.

There's a mall opening in June, but the date is not set in stone as it was actually supposed to open late last year, there will be a waitrose, but this is not a lulu type supermarket, it is pricey.

Cabs are fine generally, if you need to be somewhere at a particular time you just call one in advance.

Facilities are great, no problems there.

Window cleaning is a bit problematic, doesn't happen as often as residents would like, but hey it's a dusty place so the windows are never going to be clean all the time.

Are the swimming pools and gyms in marina square (Marina Heights 1 and 2 nd Marina Blue) common or seperate for gents and ladies? How about the maintenence, i had been there,but the buildings look so dirty and dusty. Waiting for more replies ladies..!!

#5 melaiene

melaiene

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Ladies waiting for the most important part, is there a Masjid around in reem, i had been around and there was a board directing to a masjid,but i could not find it...!! Is there one,or is it still to be constructed???

Any day care centers there in Reem,as some say in Marina Heights therz one, this is going to be the deciding factor ladies for me,as i need to decide by today if i need to book in Reem or the flat in Najda.... Come on,please give me more replies.

#6 lzohrad

lzohrad

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Ladies waiting for the most important part, is there a Masjid around in reem, i had been around and there was a board directing to a masjid,but i could not find it...!! Is there one,or is it still to be constructed???

Any day care centers there in Reem,as some say in Marina Heights therz one, this is going to be the deciding factor ladies for me,as i need to decide by today if i need to book in Reem or the flat in Najda.... Come on,please give me more replies.

No Masjid that I know of on Reem

I'm in sky tower so not sure about the marina square development.

#7 etoileparis

etoileparis

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hello,

I live in Marina square on al reem island in a 3 bedroom flat. I love it here. Has a pool, gym, taxi. I call for and they are here within 1o mins. Nice area.

Do you know if there is a specila office for showing appartments other than the agencies?like an office of tamouh? So as top avoid the agent fees?

#8 Grandma abroad

Grandma abroad

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Tamouh office is located next to RAK tower.

Sign In