15 replies to this topic

#1 forgetful

forgetful

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Ladies, how much dishwashing liquid do you or your maid use in a week? Last weekend, I remember buying two bottles of Fairy dishwashing liquid 433ml. 6 days later, the 2nd bottle is halfway gone! We are a family of 4......... 5 including our maid.

Is it normal to use that much in a span of 6 days?

Mods sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I wasn't too sure if it should go in the Lounge or in here? Thank you.

#2 teeej

teeej

Teeej

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4868 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

A lotvof maids wash up with tap running all the time and squirt liquid onto each item :-(

#3 forgetful

forgetful

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Ahhhhh so it's not only my maid that does that? I don't want her to try to save liquid and end up not washing the dishes properly. But at the rate she's going with all the cleaning items, my grocery budget will go all to soaps and stuff and nothing left for food!

#4 llc_15

llc_15

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Yes I have often found this quite funny! My friends and I have had a few laughs about it as without maids we wouldn't even be having such an obscure conversation!
I have had to teach each maid over the years to fill the sink with water and put a squirt of fairy in that.
  • DesertDream and momentmal like this

#5 patevans

patevans

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I dilute them 50/50 and it still work wonders!
  • forgetful likes this

#6 corona

corona

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ladies, how much dishwashing liquid do you or your maid use in a week? Last weekend, I remember buying two bottles of Fairy dishwashing liquid 433ml. 6 days later, the 2nd bottle is halfway gone! We are a family of 4......... 5 including our maid.

Is it normal to use that much in a span of 6 days?

Mods sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I wasn't too sure if it should go in the Lounge or in here? Thank you.

It's not normal. Maybe your maid is also using the dishwashing liquid for cleaning the sink, counter top, or might also been using it for washing kitchen clothes. Have you tried asking her?

#7 forgetful

forgetful

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

I dilute them 50/50 and it still work wonders!

I should try this, but I'm pretty sure she'll still find a way to finish the whole lot in a short period of time. :tantrum:

#8 forgetful

forgetful

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

It's not normal. Maybe your maid is also using the dishwashing liquid for cleaning the sink, counter top, or might also been using it for washing kitchen clothes. Have you tried asking her?

I've seen her using Jif for cleaning the sink and I'm pretty sure she uses detergent for washing the ktichen cloths! I think she's not happy until she sees tons of soap suds whenever she cleans the dishes! When I have to buy dishwashing liquid again this weekend I'm going to make sure to tell her to try and spread it within 2 weeks.

#9 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3274 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't know how many times I've shown how to make use of the water heater so the water gets warmer and dishes more easily washed with less dish washing liquid, and how to use the dish washer for most things, some sinks in (excuse the pun) but in the end I guess it's one of those those things that we can't do much about. For us the biggest consumption of cleaning liquid is toilet duck, don't know how many bottles of that we go through in a month!

#10 Indi

Indi

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

mine last months. The first day I saw my maid wasting water while doing dishes so I thought her how I want the dishes to be washed and voile done!, maybe you should do the same...

#11 DesertDream

DesertDream

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7516 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

There is a huge waste of water when maids ( or anyone for that matter) leave tap water running. We have two small wash bowls both with some water and a little washing up liquid, both different sponges, one is used to wash the glasses, teacups etc and other for chopping boards or any bowls and utensil used where raw chicken has touched. The pots are washed with the soap, placed into the sink to be rinsed.

What you can do is buy the bulk washing up liquids that are not so expensive. There are some pretty good ones out there.

Edited by DesertDream, 03 May 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#12 suesol

suesol

Superb-er

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

Even with a dishwasher, I end up with a sink load of washing at least once a day. I use a sinful of hot water with a generous squirt of dish washing liquid, and I occasionally add a squirt to the sponge I'm using. My 1.5 liter bottle lasts me about 2 months. I use a small refillable liquid dispenser with a pump, so maybe less liquid gets used like that.

#13 AD Adventures

AD Adventures

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

why don't you just try training her how to do the dishes the way you'd like? I'm sure she'll appreciate the training and you won't go broke buying dish soap. I think a bottle for us lasts 3-4 months! (we're only two and don't cook every night, but still ... )

#14 Fairymary

Fairymary

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Is she drinking it?!!!

#15 melaiene

melaiene

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

Mine lasts for 3-4 months,as patevans mentioned i dilute it 50/50 and use it for my dishes. And I also wash my bathrooms with it,not to mention it sparkles much better than adding soap.

#16 forgetful

forgetful

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the replies, I haven't been online for a while. Last Friday, I told her to dilute the liquid soap 50/50, and seems to be a bit better but it's still disappearing fast. I usually buy 2-3 bottles thinking it will last the whole month, but this time I bought only 1 and told her to spread it and make it last for at least 3 weeks. We'll see how it goes :unsure:

Sign In