#1 wahdamom

wahdamom

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Dear Ladies,
I am kind of desperate. Nobody has replied to my previous query regarding Dr Mary at Lifeline. I need to go in for a pap smear. Yesterday I had a very unpleasant experience at NMC. The gynecologist just abruptly said i need a pap smear listening to my period history. when she tried to do the test, i stiffened up and got terrified and tensed. She just threw the speculum down and said she wont do the pap smear as i am not relaxed. she is the rudest dr i have ever seen in my life. I just walked out in tears. Now i am looking for another gynecologist who will make me relax and do the pap smear. Can you please suggest a pleasant and friendly gynecologist who will ease your tension?

Thanks,

Wahdamom

#2 Wally

Wally

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Please try Dr Denise howard in health plus in al bander , I found her really great , tell her your experience and she will put you at your ease , I had it done and also a TV scan and she's so professional I never got stressed

#3 Wii1016

Wii1016

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

sorry to hear about what happenedto you, i had a similar experience with another Dr recently that also left me in tears. i asked on here and got many recommendations forDr Denise, I havent tried her yet but she seems great from what i hear...search "gynecologist" for my post to find other recommendations :smile:

#4 donnahbp

donnahbp

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I second dr.howard Al Bandar...my faith has been restored after my visit with her......she is fab!!!
xxx
  • The Joker likes this

#5 teeej

teeej

Teeej

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4868 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Does anybody know cost of mammogram there please as hassle doing it at szmh ....TIA

#6 adasco

adasco

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Teej they don't do mammograms there, And Dr Howard gave me a number of somewhere in the city.

#7 adasco

adasco

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Dear Ladies,
I am kind of desperate. Nobody has replied to my previous query regarding Dr Mary at Lifeline. I need to go in for a pap smear. Yesterday I had a very unpleasant experience at NMC. The gynecologist just abruptly said i need a pap smear listening to my period history. when she tried to do the test, i stiffened up and got terrified and tensed. She just threw the speculum down and said she wont do the pap smear as i am not relaxed. she is the rudest dr i have ever seen in my life. I just walked out in tears. Now i am looking for another gynecologist who will make me relax and do the pap smear. Can you please suggest a pleasant and friendly gynecologist who will ease your tension?

Thanks,

Wahdamom

Don't be afraid of going to Dr Denise Howard, she is wonderful. Ive just had pap, bloods and scan of ovaries and she was brilliant and so were all the staff in the clinic at Bandar. Im going back to for further treatment :biggrin1:

#8 UmmRashid

UmmRashid

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Do they accept daman in al bandar particularly dr. Denise?

#9 wahdamom

wahdamom

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thank you ladies for your replies. I will contact Dr Denise. For some strange reason i am not able to view all the replies. I can see only reply number 1,3,5 and 7. reply number 2,4, and 6 are missing.

#10 Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Yes Dr Howard takes Daman insurance... I have the blue card (not sure if it makes a difference).

#11 Wally

Wally

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

I was reply number 2 , I was recommending dr Denise Howard as well

#12 wahdamom

wahdamom

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

:smile: thank u Wally!

#13 dakmor

dakmor

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1452 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Ladies, I just want to tell you all to please make sure you attend all of your gyny check ups whilst living in Abu Dhabi..I remember how I used to put them off because I didn't have much faith in the DRs there or too busy working to bother..and after years of putting off a hysterectomy due to a large fibroids I decided to pursue the op when I returned to the UK.

I had my op in FEbruary to have my fibroids removed and they found stage 1 grade 2 uterine cancer..my DR told me if I had left it another year it would have been terminal..thank god I left Abu Dhabi when we did.

Please make the time for your checks ups and never wait for them to let you know the results..phone them and ask them. If you dont feel right with a dr..go to another one..I know smear tests, mammograms etc aren't nice but they save lives.
  • smurf, cal63, Krista and 1 other like this

#14 Julieanne

Julieanne

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2275 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Can I have directions and phone number for Dr Howard please?

many thanks

#15 Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I only know the clinic in town which is on Hazaa bin Zayed the First St (11th St), 02 643 3494.

If you're coming from the Corniche, drive down 26th (the street that Khalidiya Mall is on).
At the signals at 11th/26th turn left, then first right, then first left.
You will see green flags outside the clinic with HPlus on them.

#16 Julieanne

Julieanne

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2275 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Thanks Tongue Tied does Dr Howard see patients at the town clinic?

#17 melaiene

melaiene

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Please try Dr Denise howard in health plus in al bander , I found her really great , tell her your experience and she will put you at your ease , I had it done and also a TV scan and she's so professional I never got stressed

Does pap smear test hurt...? When is this test recommended to be done..?

#18 pumpkin

pumpkin

madwife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6262 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

A pap smear is pretty painless at the worst a bit uncomfortable. The problem with pain usually lies in the fact that people get so stressed and tense about having it done that their muscles contract, this can in turn make it painful for the doctor to put in a speculum. Best advice is not to worry about it and use deep breathing if you feel that you are one of these people that are a little afraid of having it done. It takes seconds and can be a lifesaver.

#19 pumpkin

pumpkin

madwife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6262 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ladies, I just want to tell you all to please make sure you attend all of your gyny check ups whilst living in Abu Dhabi..I remember how I used to put them off because I didn't have much faith in the DRs there or too busy working to bother..and after years of putting off a hysterectomy due to a large fibroids I decided to pursue the op when I returned to the UK.

I had my op in FEbruary to have my fibroids removed and they found stage 1 grade 2 uterine cancer..my DR told me if I had left it another year it would have been terminal..thank god I left Abu Dhabi when we did.

Please make the time for your checks ups and never wait for them to let you know the results..phone them and ask them. If you dont feel right with a dr..go to another one..I know smear tests, mammograms etc aren't nice but they save lives.

Thank goodness everything is ok and what a scary story..thank you for posting this as it might make others go and get that test done when they otherwise would have put it off.

#20 funmum

funmum

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

I've heard Mr Marwan at Al Noor is good, but haven't been myself. Anyone else seen him?

Sign In