#1 Julesy

Julesy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hi All

4 weeks ago I ordered the Hunger Games Trilogy from Magrudy's. To date they have still not received them and I am now losing patience. Every week I go in they promise me the delivery will be that Thursday, and now after 4 weeks I've had enough of waiting. It would have been quicker for me to order them in the UK from Amazon and have them shipped out.

Do any of you know of any other bookstores in Abu Dhabi that I could contact? I need these books for a birthday present and would rather get them here today than have to wait a week for Aramex to ship them over.

Thanks so much

#2 aussietania

aussietania

Permanently Puzzled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5084 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Does your birthday girl/boy have an iPad or a Kindle? Maybe you could purchase for them then direct the books to their device?

Kinokunya at Dubai Mall will surely have them if Virgin at Abu Dhabi Mall or the two small bookstores in Khalidiya Mall can't help. I believe one of the stores at Khalidiya is called "Bookworm" but can't recall the other name just now.

There is a second book store at Abu Dhabi mall upstairs from Virgin but I can't remember that one's name either! Old age is setting in.....

#3 Lammas

Lammas

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7436 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Try Borders which I believe has opened in Abu Dhabi Mall. Best bet though is Kinokinuya, but means a trip to Dubai Mall.

#4 Mizri

Mizri

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

There's also a bookshop in Marina Mall on the first floor which I've always found surprisingly good. Forgot the name though, but it's just above the Starbucks, around the corner from the foodcourt.

#5 mummydragon

mummydragon

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Julesy
I too ordered Hunger Games (only 2 & 3) from Magrudys about 10 days ago. I got a text from them this morning to say they were in so I have just collected them. Hope you got a text too!

#6 Wally

Wally

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

I was in boarders in ADM yesterday and it was great with a huge choice , I reckon you could be in luck there

#7 Julesy

Julesy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks all - I've found out Borders have all 3 of them.

Mummydragon - as I ordered the box set they will not give me them individually (go figure). In the past month they have had them all in at some point but not as a boxset. Am now fed up and going to buy them elsewhere.

#8 Guest_InayaShujaat_*

Guest_InayaShujaat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Is the Borders in AD the same as Borders in the US? I ask because Borders actually went out of business, closing ALL stores here....

#9 AD Adventures

AD Adventures

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Is the Borders in AD the same as Borders in the US? I ask because Borders actually went out of business, closing ALL stores here....

Yep, same one - I thought it was strange. Must be doing much better internationally than in the US.

#10 jobear

jobear

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Borders was bought by Barnes and Noble earlier this year. Or to be more specific B&N bought all of Borders intellectual property and trademarks, this included all customer information. If you had a Borders reward card an email went out giving you instructions about how to opt out of your private info being handed over to another company.

Not sure why the store opened under the Borders name unless it has something to do with better name recogonition her in the ME. Although I'm glad to hear Borders is finally open as one of the things sorely lacking here in AD is good bookstores. I'm thankfully for my kindle more and more.

#11 Guest_InayaShujaat_*

Guest_InayaShujaat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

This is good information! My hubby has been joking about what to do if we can't go to Barnes & Noble! Hahahah!

#12 TLW

TLW

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Kinokunya at Dubai Mall will surely have them if Virgin at Abu Dhabi Mall or the two small bookstores in Khalidiya Mall can't help. I believe one of the stores at Khalidiya is called "Bookworm" but can't recall the other name just now.

I just used Kinokunya for the first time. Heard about it at bookclub. It's online system was super easy and the book came within 2 days to my office (they also deliver to residences). No more Amazon and Aramex hopefully!!
  • aussietania likes this

Sign In