6 replies to this topic

#1 Wink

Wink

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hi Ladies im soon to be moving to Qatar & the new apartment we have found is Fully Furnished,So im Looking to sell all our large stuff..We are hoping to sell in Bulk so need to contact a second hand shop..Any one know any good ones Thanks....

#2 sierra

sierra

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

I don't know how good they are, but you could try contacting- useditemsuae.com, they buy and sell all manner of things.

#3 Mushrif Mum

Mushrif Mum

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

Nefertiti Used Furniture is a small second hand furniture shop that has a website. I went in there last week and the shop was full and the guy said he had lots more coming in. I'm afraid that doesn't bode well for you to get a good price from him!

www.useditemsuae.com

The directions from the website are: -
Nefertiti Furniture, Corniche Road,
(Al Khalidiyah -Intersection of the ArabianGulf st. with Sheikh Zayed the First St. (30 St. with 7 St.)Next Building of Prestige Cars - The same Subway restaurant building from the backside .)

I would try selling on Dubizzle and noticeboards. Bit more hassle but you will definitely get more money than selling to Nefertiti.

For the 'junk' that's left several of my friends have sold to Take My Junk - www.takemyjunkuae.com.

Good luck.

#4 kitcha

kitcha

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

http://www.takemyjun...Contact_us.html idk about how good they are, but im trying to sell my stuff too through them! hope it works for you :)

#5 Lammas

Lammas

Dhabi Lama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7826 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Nefertiti in Khalidiya take furniture BUT he does not give you a good price. Friend of mine sold an almost new 3 piece suite and only got 200 dhs for it. Nefertiti had it on sale in the shop for 600 dhs!!

Why not try to sell some privately first and let him have what is left.

Edited by Lammas, 25 January 2012 - 10:04 AM.

• DesertDream likes this

#6 lanarkwitch

lanarkwitch

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

Second that about Nefertiti, they offered us 2000 aed for a house full that we ended up getting close to 10k for on Dubizzle, I know it is an awful hassle to sell things on there, but it's much better value for you!

#7 pokenose

pokenose

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

you should definitely try to put an ad here on the forum's classifieds and dubizzle with some photos....you will definitely get a lot more than what used furniture shops are willing to pay you...good luck!

Sign In