#1 TartanMum

TartanMum

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi
We are looking into having a maid service come and clean the house. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Tartan Mum

#2 lanarkwitch

lanarkwitch

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Not Delight

#3 tabokirk

tabokirk

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

I tried Blanco Cleaning Services yesterday for the first time, it's 30 AED per hour and minimum 3 hrs per visit. I called them on Monday and they arrange the service the next day afternoon; the housemaid who came called Maria and she is good, i like her. They have a deal on Cobone now for 55AED instead of 120AED for four hours, you need to have your own supplies if not they will charge you 80AED.

Their number is 0501098179.
  • HAD likes this

#4 Moonbear

Moonbear

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

I've used Delight's domestic cleaning service for 8 hours per week for the last four years and been very pleased with their services throughout - cleaning and ironing for two adults.

I've also just used them to deep clean our new place prior to them moving us in and they did a thorough job - including AC vents.

We've also used them for odd jobs such as carpentary and electricals over the years and again, they've been great - arrived as agreed, did what was agreed, for the price we agreed.

No - I don't work for Delight :)

#5 Tammo

Tammo

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Helpers or Exiles are another 2 friends use.

#6 aussietania

aussietania

Permanently Puzzled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5552 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

There was a thread on Queen Bees that seemed rather complimentary.... :biggrin1:
  • pumpkin and zman75 like this

#7 lanarkwitch

lanarkwitch

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

I've used Delight's domestic cleaning service for 8 hours per week for the last four years and been very pleased with their services throughout - cleaning and ironing for two adults.

I've also just used them to deep clean our new place prior to them moving us in and they did a thorough job - including AC vents.

We've also used them for odd jobs such as carpentary and electricals over the years and again, they've been great - arrived as agreed, did what was agreed, for the price we agreed.

No - I don't work for Delight :)

Lucky you, I agree for a one of clean and pest control they were very good.

On an ongoing basis I found them to be totally unreliable, they either didn't show up or a string of different maids appeared, with varying degrees of willingness to clean the house.

Hoover, shower head and various other items were broken, and they lost the key to my villa which meant a lock changing fiasco.

#8 EMS

EMS

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

We had some bad experiences with Helpers but I guess it depends on the cleaning lady you have. A friend of mine is very happy with them. I guess it's hit and miss.

Skymaid from Dubai are quite good, very reliable, too.

#9 thekettlewitch

thekettlewitch

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

I have been using Maids.ae since October. I have had the same girl every week bar one (and the replacement was just as efficient) and she is my life-saver since I started work. Never once has a job not been completed and now I don't need to leave a list of jobs unless it's out of the ordinary. The admin is good and I can cancel with 24 hours notice at no penalty.I have the same slot every week - but have been able to change it easily on the one occassion I needed to.

Their terms are a minimum of 4 hours at AED140 - either 9-1 or 2-6. I was a bit concerned about using a maids service after hearing of other people's experiences, but so far I am really happy.

HTH

Edited by thekettlewitch, 17 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#10 momentmal

momentmal

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Since 7 months Odd Jobs cleaning company, still happy and always reliable timewise, I hate if they are late. I pay 900 per month for three hours cleaning per week and they come with three persons to clean, once a month they clean the windows. So far I am Ok.

#11 Justme2012

Justme2012

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

We're also urgently looking for an agency that sponsors maids/nannies in Abu Dhabi. Can anyone recommend any agency other than Sawaeed? Had a frustratingly bad experience with them and will not use them again...
Found many agencies in Dubai but unwilling to send maid/nanny to Abu Dhabi for some reason...

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, as we're desperate to have someone help with new baby while we're at work!

Cheers

#12 plib

plib

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

I agree with you: AVOID Saweed!

Really bad experience.

#13 Kati_AD

Kati_AD

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

I often wonder, but never asked so far, do you dare to leave the maids from cleaning agencies alone in the house when they come to clean? I would not like to sit around while someone was cleaning my house but I would not trust them enough to leave them alone in the house. How do you ladies get over this dilemma?

#14 uroojlewis

uroojlewis

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Have also used Oddjobs for a number of months since moving to Raha Beach. I just love coming home to a clean house and not having to do my own ironing :smile:

#15 HAD

HAD

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I tried Blanco Cleaning Services yesterday for the first time, it's 30 AED per hour and minimum 3 hrs per visit. I called them on Monday and they arrange the service the next day afternoon; the housemaid who came called Maria and she is good, i like her. They have a deal on Cobone now for 55AED instead of 120AED for four hours, you need to have your own supplies if not they will charge you 80AED.

Their number is 0501098179.

I read this review couple of weeks ago, and recently I tried Blanco cleaning, I asked for Maria :wink: but she was fully booked, so they sent me another lady called Rosal, I really like her :smile: , now she is coming twice a week to clean my flat...
Thanks for the reference really helped :)

I often wonder, but never asked so far, do you dare to leave the maids from cleaning agencies alone in the house when they come to clean? I would not like to sit around while someone was cleaning my house but I would not trust them enough to leave them alone in the house. How do you ladies get over this dilemma?

some times I do leave the cleaner alone, just make sure that you are hiring a legal cleaner, so what ever happens you have an agency to talk to....

#16 Lindsey

Lindsey

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have used Exiles for 6 months and been very happy with them.

#17 janderson

janderson

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Since 7 months Odd Jobs cleaning company, still happy and always reliable timewise, I hate if they are late. I pay 900 per month for three hours cleaning per week and they come with three persons to clean, once a month they clean the windows. So far I am Ok.

Momental, how many rooms does your house have,and how many times per week are they coming for 900? I am trying to negotiate a discount with they.

Thanks. J

#18 Nahin

Nahin

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

DONT GO TO DELIGHT!!! Total rip off unreliable and rude cleaning staff!!!!!

Sign In