#1 Katie_UK

Katie_UK

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi all,

I highlight my hair and desperately need to find a hairdresser where I can get this done, without it turning orange or costing me an arm and a leg.

Can any other blondies (or fake blondies more likely) recommend a good, reasonably priced hair dresser for full head highlights and cut??

Thanks in advance.

K

#2 Guest_videovixen_*

Guest_videovixen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

I can vouch for Glamour Salon, after years of orangutan/blue/general disasters that cost heaps, it is the only place that I have found that can do blonde well.
I don't think it's half as expensive as some places, and no 'artiste', bow to the folicle god attitude.

#3 CHGO2AD

CHGO2AD

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

I go to Lyndal at hairworks for my blonde highlights and cuts.

#4 Katie_UK

Katie_UK

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I can vouch for Glamour Salon, after years of orangutan/blue/general disasters that cost heaps, it is the only place that I have found that can do blonde well.
I don't think it's half as expensive as some places, and no 'artiste', bow to the folicle god attitude.

Thanks!

Is it the one on Corniche/4th street? Can you give me a rough guide as to how much it would cost for a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry?

#5 Guest_videovixen_*

Guest_videovixen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thanks!

Is it the one on Corniche/4th street? Can you give me a rough guide as to how much it would cost for a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry?

Yes, that's the one, it's in the first floor of blue Al Nilein Bank building, Mawaqif parking, and they will go down and top it up if you are there longer than maximum time.
I have heaps and heaps of hair, last time I was there, I got soem beauty services, 3 products and a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry and it was 1000 dizzers - I didn't get price of shampoos etc - but expect that the actual hair component was about 700, just ask as they are very helpful.

#6 JackieO

JackieO

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Steve (yep!) at Amisque is in charge of my blonde 'do. Tried several other hairdressers and couldn't have been happier with his skills and prices.

#7 Katie_UK

Katie_UK

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Steve (yep!) at Amisque is in charge of my blonde 'do. Tried several other hairdressers and couldn't have been happier with his skills and prices.

Thanks...is that in the tourist club area?

#8 naggyk

naggyk

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hi there,

I was in the same predicament and after asking around I went to Kylie at Glamour Salon. I have just below shoulder length hair and for full highlights, cut and style it was AED630 which I thought was pretty good considering the prices being mentioned on here. And was very pleased with my do, no stripes or orange!

#9 PuppyLove

PuppyLove

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

Hairworx is good - I have Cat do my hair, I've fine, natural blonde which I get highlighted - it's very difficult to do well, but she manages. Seems to be on par with prices quoted above.

#10 Just Me2

Just Me2

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

Yes, that's the one, it's in the first floor of blue Al Nilein Bank building, Mawaqif parking, and they will go down and top it up if you are there longer than maximum time.
I have heaps and heaps of hair, last time I was there, I got soem beauty services, 3 products and a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry and it was 1000 dizzers - I didn't get price of shampoos etc - but expect that the actual hair component was about 700, just ask as they are very helpful.

OMG! 700 dirhams! that's unbelievable! I pay like 500 at Glow Hair Salon, One to ONe, and thought THAT was alot! I would expect they'd do an amzing job for the prices you paid... :blink:

#11 Guest_videovixen_*

Guest_videovixen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

OMG! 700 dirhams! that's unbelievable! I pay like 500 at Glow Hair Salon, One to ONe, and thought THAT was alot! I would expect they'd do an amzing job for the prices you paid... :blink:

They did do an amazing job, and as I said - I don't actually know how much it was as the final price included products and beauty services.
I have a heap of hair and it takes ages and absorbs heaps of colour. I would have happily paid double that after the crapful experiences I have had here.

#12 Just Me2

Just Me2

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

They did do an amazing job, and as I said - I don't actually know how much it was as the final price included products and beauty services.
I have a heap of hair and it takes ages and absorbs heaps of colour. I would have happily paid double that after the crapful experiences I have had here.

lol, ur obviously on a much higher salary than I am :winksmile:

#13 kleemp

kleemp

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

I personally think the girls at Changes do a really good job, i've always had my hair coloured by them...

If ur interested: 02 - 6341147
  • lovingmy40s likes this

#14 tkeyla

tkeyla

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Hi

I can vouch for Glamour 100 times over I paid around 550dhs. It is simply the BEST in Abu Dhabi.
Also i just read last week in Abu Dhabi weekly they did a makeover for 3 special ladies and they wrote Glamour is the hottest new salon in town.

GO GLAMOUR :victory:

#15 busymama

busymama

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'm a changes girl ! Not the fanciest salon in town, but angela is fantastic! I wouldn't change, she knows what i like and she knows what she's doing thats for sure.. :D

#16 TLW

TLW

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm heading out to try Glamour Salon - can anyone give some further directions to the actual location?

#17 Guest_videovixen_*

Guest_videovixen_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'm heading out to try Glamour Salon - can anyone give some further directions to the actual location?

It is on 4th Street, and near the Corniche (about 2 or 3 buildings back) - as you are facing the Corniche it is on the right hand side in a blue building called Al Nilein Bank building - there is Mawaqif parking all around. You have to go up to level 1 (I think), then there is a closed door with Glamour poster at front.
Have fun and let us know what you think.

#18 TLW

TLW

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

Thanks ladies for helping me get there! I really liked kylie and what she did with my hair. It looks much better than what the last guy did. I have some nice blonde mixed into my natural hair color so it doesn't look over done!

#19 salma

salma

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Am so excited!! Was devastated when Celeste From Sharanis left as I have very short, curly hair that only Celeste had been able to cut. But after reading the reviews about Glamour, I plucked up the courage and went. Anne Marie cut and coloured my hair and boy am I EVER pleased. Yippeeeee.......LOVE my hair cut and colour and style. Anne Marie is very accommodating and listens very carefully to what you ask for. She is very talented and put in some funky highlights etc that look very cool (to me anyway!!).
The salon is clean and very tidy etc. There is paid parking around.

Three cheers for Anne Marie at Glamour :thumbsup: :victory: :party:

THANKS Videovixen!!!

#20 tkeyla

tkeyla

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hi

Just had my hair done again at Glamour and its FABULOUS :victory: :victory:

Also some :gossip: theirs a new lady just started from Scotland looks very smart

Sign In