#1 tucan

tucan

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hello ladies,

Does anybody know a dentist specialized in kids as patients?
I went to a dentist who tried to fill up a little hole in my daughter's tooth but she was not patient and my daughter got very scared, moved her head, so the instrument cut her lip, lip bleeding, a hysterical kid and angry dentist. So dentist stopped and gave her a temporary filling , we have to go back and have to solve this asap. But my girl starts trembling and crying if I even mention the word dentist. Can they not give laugh gas or something, so she does not feel the pain, or does somebody know a very good and patient dentist? THANK YOU!

#2 Claro

Claro

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

Poor little mite, hope she is feeling better! We go to the British Dental Clinic on Hamdan St are Dr Boyce is fantastically patient with them. My little one is very difficult but he even took him in to watch him work on another patient so he could see it wasn't scary. The number is 02 6773308. Good luck.

#3 Flashy

Flashy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hey Tucan

Have a look at this thread for suggestions.

http://www.abudhabiw...=0

#4 Kassia

Kassia

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1045 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

Poor little mite, hope she is feeling better! We go to the British Dental Clinic on Hamdan St are Dr Boyce is fantastically patient with them. My little one is very difficult but he even took him in to watch him work on another patient so he could see it wasn't scary. The number is 02 6773308. Good luck.

I second that. But it would be wise for you to inform the dentist you choose about her previous incident so they know what to look out, how to approach her and be prepared for anything. Dr Boyce worked on my son - explained things to him while doing the work - filling - and he seems fine! Arrange an appointment on a 'quiet day' and probably in the morning where things are more relax and the dentist is not in a rush. Good luck.

Sign In