7 replies to this topic

#1 kat81

kat81

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone,please help???Im looking for a part time maid in Khalif city A,If you know of any girls that are looking for some extra money please Mail me?
Thanks ladies i hope i get some feed back as trying to be a full time mum work part time and do all the laundry/cleaning is proving to be very hectic!

#2 adikari

adikari

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

hi madam i would like to work with u plz call me 050-1350712 yoshana

#3 Guest_videovixen_*

Guest_videovixen_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi everyone,please help???Im looking for a part time maid in Khalif city A,If you know of any girls that are looking for some extra money please Mail me?
Thanks ladies i hope i get some feed back as trying to be a full time mum work part time and do all the laundry/cleaning is proving to be very hectic!

Do the right and legal thing and go through an agency, go to dry cleaner or sponsor your own helper.
Hiring part time is illegal - and those of us who do the right thing, give time off to our LEGALLY SPONSORED helpers, who then get caught doing part time work cop the jail time and AED100, 000 fine, all so your ironing is done on the cheap.
I still don't know why these posts are allowed.
I might post one about the easiest place to do shoplifting - oh no, that's illegal.....

Edited by videovixen, 22 March 2011 - 10:19 AM.

#4 phoenix

phoenix

Maharishi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5158 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

Do the right and legal thing and go through an agency, go to dry cleaner or sponsor your own helper.
Hiring part time is illegal - and those of us who do the right thing, give time off to our LEGALLY SPONSORED helpers, who then get caught doing part time work cop the jail time and AED100, 000 fine, all so your ironing is done on the cheap.
I might post one about the easiest place to do shoplifting - oh no, that's illegal.....

Seconded.

Nailed it again V.V Well said.

#5 mummy2dolly

mummy2dolly

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Going through an agency may well be the legal thing, but my conscience wasn't happy knowing that the girl cleaning my house was working 75 hrs over a 6 day week for 800dhs a month. Thats 3 dhs an hr. The company charged 40 dhs an hr. So yes, I've gone down the illegal route, my part time maid only works part time, she pays a local to sponser her, she is not moonlighting, and my conscience is clear........

#6 Guest_CarmenMiranda_*

Guest_CarmenMiranda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Going through an agency may well be the legal thing, but my conscience wasn't happy knowing that the girl cleaning my house was working 75 hrs over a 6 day week for 800dhs a month. Thats 3 dhs an hr. The company charged 40 dhs an hr. So yes, I've gone down the illegal route, my part time maid only works part time, she pays a local to sponser her, she is not moonlighting, and my conscience is clear........

You should ask your cleaner, how much she pays her 'sponsor' for the privilege, how much she pays for accommodation and food, health insurance and factor into that she has no paid holiday or sick leave or ticket home. She is probably having to work 75hrs a week to have anything to send to her home country.
I am not saying you are doing the wrong thing - it's everyone's choice, but sometimes what appears a 'better' situation is really just another dire circumstance that this country's laws put people in.
Have you thought about the consequences for her and you if she injures herself cleaning your property? This happened to a friend, the locally sponsored cleaner slipped and broke her leg. The Local sponsor didn't cop any grief but both the cleaner and the householder were in a world of heartache legally.

#7 sophie10

sophie10

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

my conscience is clear too as my part timer who also works par time for my neighbour has been asked time and time
again by them to allow them to sponser her full time, they have offered her a very competitive wage etc the works, she still
says no as she told me she earns more money part time to pay off the loans she has back home and she likes the freedon pt time
work allows her, she pays a local sponser and yes does complain about medical and accomodation expenses but still wont consider
full time work.

#8 Guest_CarmenMiranda_*

Guest_CarmenMiranda_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

my conscience is clear too as my part timer who also works par time for my neighbour has been asked time and time
again by them to allow them to sponser her full time, they have offered her a very competitive wage etc the works, she still
says no as she told me she earns more money part time to pay off the loans she has back home and she likes the freedon pt time
work allows her, she pays a local sponser and yes does complain about medical and accomodation expenses but still wont consider
full time work.

That's great for her and you.
What about the part timers who have expatriate bosses who get lumped with the 100000 dizzer fine and jail, but lie and say that their sponsor knows or is Local?

Sign In