Photo
- - - - -

I can check online for any speeding /parking fines!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kassia

Kassia

Presidential Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

My neighbour was about to renew his driving licence and he said you can check with the UAE Police Dept online if you have any outstanding fines for speeding / parking before you are able to renew it. I checked mine today for the fun of it - by entering the car reg number - and so far so good...phew! :smile: Then again I've only driven here for just over a month!

#2 Just Me2

Just Me2

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2301 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

lol, yes it's true, one can do that, but I don't know,,,doesn't always work, i went online to check if I had anything a few months ago when I was renewing my car registration, didn't show anything, when I got there,I OWED 3000 dirhams! :sob:

#3 donnahbp

donnahbp

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

Wow not sure if im excited that I can check or starting to panic!!
does anybody have a link and do I just need lic plate number as I have a hire car so no other details

#4 Jennyr_au

Jennyr_au

Maharishi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5283 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

This is the link here......
http://www.adpolice....aspx?Culture=en

Jenny

#5 JaneB

JaneB

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

Yeah I check intermitently and I have 8000 dhs worth of fines but they seem to have been halved so it's only 4000! Woo hoo! sob!!

#6 Flashy

Flashy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

lol, yes it's true, one can do that, but I don't know,,,doesn't always work, i went online to check if I had anything a few months ago when I was renewing my car registration, didn't show anything, when I got there,I OWED 3000 dirhams! :sob:

We had exactly the same happen 2 years ago. We literally checked online & it showed zero fines & then 10 minutes later when we got to the rego office there was AED3100 owing.

#7 chilli7

chilli7

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

We had exactly the same happen 2 years ago. We literally checked online & it showed zero fines & then 10 minutes later when we got to the rego office there was AED3100 owing.

Me too ! I went online it shows no fines...yeah Go down to pay for the registration etc- 4000d worth of fines.
I dont trust the online service now.

#8 Flashy

Flashy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

Maybe they think if they just spring it on us at the last minute, rather than have us getting more & more upset on the drive to the rego office, then we won't yell as much!

#9 sailorgirluae

sailorgirluae

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Need to make sure you enter the TC number on the registration card rather than the vehicle reg that will then bring up tou fines!

#10 lovely Abu Dhabi

lovely Abu Dhabi

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

beside the right T.C. No. you need to take care about the right category. That was where i struggled in the beginning. I thought, coz my number plate is red, that i am red category but i have a hugh 5 on the plate that makes me fifth category. Since i make that right i see all my fines. And after the big shock, apr. 1 year ago, that i had to pay so much money that i reaaly lost a dream vacation, i drive almost like an angel and only got 2 fines in the last 10 month ;-)

Sign In