#1 ally2

ally2

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:15 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am moving out in a few weeks and have had some great advice and help from some of the ladies on this board, as you can imagine, I have been asking loads of questions and have another one. Is Aptamil baby formula available in Abu Dhabi? If so, where could I get it and is it much more expensive than the local brands. My little boy is 4 months old.

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 foxytocin

foxytocin

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

Aptamil may not be available in the UAE and even if it is, the exact formulation does change from country to country even say inside the EU. Therefore it it wasn't imported from your home country, it will be slightly different from what your baby is using. But, all formulas world wide have to comply with the same very strict nutritional standards set out by the World Health Organization. The difference between formulas are about what they don't have to put into them. So Aptamil for example talking about 'immunofortis' is all marketing majic wand waving aimed at cushioning its balance sheet.

Bring out some of your preferred brand to tide you over a short settling in period and choose a brand which is readily available in the UAE once you get here. See how your baby copes with it and go from there since price isn't a good indicator of how well your baby tolerate it.

HTH even if I can't give you the answer you wanted.

#3 trees

trees

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

Yes Aptamil is available here and it's everywhere chemists and supermarkets including lactose free, hypo allergenic etc.

Price wise I think it's on a par with UK - I haven't looked too closely I have to admit but it's definately here. In a can rather than the cardboard box in the UK with the lovely little level scraper!

My sister was here for 6 weeks with one of her babes and had no problems between the UK version and the UAE one.

#4 zouzitta

zouzitta

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

I've been using Aptamil lactose free for my baby and its available in almost all pharmacies especially big ones

Sign In