16 replies to this topic

#1 mrsdoolittle

mrsdoolittle

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

Can anyone recommend a good place to have laser hair removal? Has anyone had this? is it any good and does the hair stay away??
cheers
  • tommenrryfa likes this

#2 bdesi

bdesi

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi, try silkor Laser medical center in Khalidiya,Silkor vila 1, Zayed the First street(after BMW showroom and 'the one' cafe)02-6816070(landphone). First you will be asked to have a free consultancy with them. they might ask you to take package but its up to you if you need that many session. I did only upper lips with them, 1st session I paid 400AED, I got 1 session free.If I want/need more I pay the same again. It takes only 5 minutes to do the whole thing, you get a burnig feeling on the area for some times. They cant remove all the hair at the first time I guess, it grows(new hair) and become lighter. the thicker the hair the better for laser.Laser kills the root and it fall at some point. please read here-silkor.com

Other than this- some skin therapists in clinics will do.

Good luck!

Can anyone recommend a good place to have laser hair removal? Has anyone had this? is it any good and does the hair stay away??
cheers

#3 Julesy

Julesy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

You also need to note that if you have fair/blonde hair they wont do it as its too difficult to ensure all the hair is treated

#4 Moka

Moka

CEO

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2471 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

I agree about Silkor, they are very good. Laser hair removal is quite expensive but it is soooo worth it, you wont regret it.

#5 salma

salma

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

Silly question. Is it true that you have to use a razor on the parts that need to be lasered prior so the hair is tougher? That would suck if you had to do it to your upper lip. I want it done for my legs etc. but won't that cost a fortune??

#6 Moka

Moka

CEO

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2471 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

Silly question. Is it true that you have to use a razor on the parts that need to be lasered prior so the hair is tougher? That would suck if you had to do it to your upper lip. I want it done for my legs etc. but won't that cost a fortune??

Yes, you do have to shave the area you want lasered but it's only because you want the hair to be right at the surface so the laser can get in it easily.
It is quite pricey for legs but think about the fact that you will never have to wax or shave anymore!! :biggrin:

#7 bdesi

bdesi

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hi
No one is talking about shaving!!! I meant that if someone's hair is strong/thicker Laser can identity it and kill the root better. on the other hand Light/weak/blond hair wont get the same result...:biggrin:

#8 marbles

marbles

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

Cosmosurge..
It was expensive, but totally worth it.
I had 4-5 sessions in total (leg+underarms) few years back, now all I need to do is touch-up every now and then.:super:
Light skin tones with dark hair is working better.

#9 mrsdoolittle

mrsdoolittle

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

thx

#10 casmi24

casmi24

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

Laser has changed my life. No more shaving on daily basis. I found that Silkor has the best prices but it is always best to shop around. You will meet with a consultant who will tell you what you need done, then you may be sent to manager who will give you the prices.

#11 fbs

fbs

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

I have had my first session of armpits done at Silkor n it cost me 800 dhs . Package is 3000.. The service is good n I ve no complains. But I won't be continuing there for the following sessions simply bcus they r expensive.

My colleague has been to wellhealth clinic for her armpits n it cost her 400 dhs. Even lesser for package. It cost her 1100 per session to get her legs done. Half leg I guess. N the results r great. So I ll be going there.

#12 elephantrjm

elephantrjm

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

I bought a Smooth Skin IPL hair removal system from Boots in the UK - not sure if they do it here. I've been doing my legs and all other bits. Haven't done a great job on my legs and need to do it more thoroughly, but growth is evidently much reduced after a couple of goes. It cost 274 GBP

#13 maria_mirabella

maria_mirabella

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi, I bring this topic up again, rather than opening a new one.

Can anyone recommend a clinic where I can go for laser hair removal, other than Silkor, which I understand is quite expensive?

• gol360 likes this

#14 Lolo Mc

Lolo Mc

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I have just spent some time looking into this. I can't recommend a place because I haven't had any treatments yet. But I will say that I find the prices higher than in Toronto, and since labour is cheaper here, that's pretty unacceptable. Kaya Skin Clinic was very expensive, Cosemesurge was a bit better, Silkor I missed my consultation so I didn't get the price. Harley Street Medical Centre used machines that I think didn't have good performance for long term hair reduction (according to Google, but I'm not an expert). I didn't check their prices. I think the prices are the closest to what I was looking for at Gulf Diagnostic... Still haven't decided if I'm going to go for it or not.

#15 Moka

Moka

CEO

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2471 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Go for it.  Its a great investment, you wont regret it.

#16 maria_mirabella

maria_mirabella

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

I am 100% determined to go for it, but I would rather go to some place recommended. I've got prices from Delma Medical Centre, 390 for armpits and 455 for bikini. Does it sound right? Anyone knows anything about Delma Medical Centre?

#17 Maru

Maru

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

I had mine at Gulf Diagnostic and was very happy with the therapist and the results. I got a groupon discount for 3 sessions.

Sign In