4 replies to this topic

#1 Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Just wondering if anyone's used the City check-in option to check in their bags for a flight and how they found the service.

I'm thinking of using it as it will mean I can check in the night before or early morning and then go straight from work to the airport for my flight. If I have to check-in my bags etc I won't have time to do this, so it will mean saving a day of annual leave which would be great... I'm just nervous about my checked luggage going missing. So, whilst I know there's always a possibility of bags going walkabout, I guess I'm looking for an endorsement from someone who's used it and successfully been reunited with their bags at the other end!

TIA

#2 saluki

saluki

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hi TT,

I have used it lots of times and have never had a problem. It's great to go directly from work with your boarding card and hand luggage, then straight through passport control. On a work day, it reduces the amount of stress when you don't know how long the queue is going to be!
You can check in up to 24 hours before your flight, but must have checked in 6 hours in advance, so there's no problem with them getting your luggage there on time.

Enjoy your trip!

#3 Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Yay! Thank you!

#4 dabidaabi

dabidaabi

Super Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

just want to add some info. if you go with etihad it will be free of charge. but you have to pay for other airlines. if i'm not mistaken you pay aed 30 or 50 per passanger (always go with etihad).

#5 Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

Thanks... although I think even Etihad charge 30dhs now if you're economy. For those who've used it, how late can you get away with arriving at the airport?

Sign In