#1 loopy

loopy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

Hi guys,

A friend is visiting next week and she wants to go to high tea at Emirates Palace. Has anyone done it? It says it is from 2 to 6pm...but it can't be 4 hours can it? Or can you just come and go as you please within that time? (That is probably a stupid question...)

Anyway, does anyone know if they have high chairs and if I need to book ahead?

Thanks!

#2 paps

paps

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

1st time i went was with an exhibition.. no reservation required..
2nd time was just walk in there and asked the reception for a guided tour.. a friend who works in the management arranged it pre-booked.. that's complementary too.
3rd time was last friday.. just trying to go inside but was stopped in front gate and asked if we have reservation..
4th time was 2 days ago and that time..no reservation.. i wasn't even asked.

a friend of mine who's working in the palace said to me that most of the time it's fine to go there without reservations but in cases where there's a function and V.I.Ps are there, the guards were asked to check the people wanting to come in if they have booked prior to going...

For the resto's inside,,,, it's better to ring them for bookings.. and yes they have high chairs for babies...

Edited by paps, 20 May 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#3 aussietania

aussietania

Permanently Puzzled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5648 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hi guys,

A friend is visiting next week and she wants to go to high tea at Emirates Palace. Has anyone done it? It says it is from 2 to 6pm...but it can't be 4 hours can it? Or can you just come and go as you please within that time? (That is probably a stupid question...)

Anyway, does anyone know if they have high chairs and if I need to book ahead?

Thanks!

You don't need to be there for the whole 4 hours but it IS advisable to book. The High Tea is partaken in a lounge sort of area and I've not seen high chairs there when I've been there before. Doesn't mean they don't do it though of course.

#4 loopy

loopy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thanks ladies. Guess I will call them up and book! Now the question will be how to keep a little one entertained for that long...

#5 serene

serene

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hi loopy,

You might wanna have a look at their site:

http://www.emiratesp...40536&details=1

#6 noonoo

noonoo

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

I would also say that one high tea between 2 of you would be enough. The first time I took my in-laws I had booked them one each and they came home with a huge doggy bag!
The next time I went we ordered one between two, with an extra pot of tea and that was more than enough.
Enjoy - it is yummy!

Sign In