#1 beach girl

beach girl

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hi Ladies

I am in Abu Dhabi until the end of this month and would love to do two weeks of belly dancing lessons. Does any body know where I can go here in Abu Dhabi? Hopefully somewhere close to the Corniche...
I tried to click on that link to nadine-belly-dancing but the website doesn't allow you to click on any links or contact Nadine or anything like that. Please help!!!

Also, can anybody recommend an authentic restaurant in Abu Dhabi with local food and a belly dancing show, maybe some other entertainment that is local, etc? Would love to experience it too.

Look forward to hearing back
Many thanks
xxx

#2 alfarsah

alfarsah

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Paris Gallerys Gym (Khaledya area ) offers belly dancing classes
Also i cant recommend a local food resturant that has a belly danceing show , cause belly dancing is not part of UAE culture its lebanese and more egyptian
you could find belly dancing show in a lebanease resturants but i cant really rememeber where , probably in one of the hotels.

Hi Ladies

I am in Abu Dhabi until the end of this month and would love to do two weeks of belly dancing lessons. Does any body know where I can go here in Abu Dhabi? Hopefully somewhere close to the Corniche...
I tried to click on that link to nadine-belly-dancing but the website doesn't allow you to click on any links or contact Nadine or anything like that. Please help!!!

Also, can anybody recommend an authentic restaurant in Abu Dhabi with local food and a belly dancing show, maybe some other entertainment that is local, etc? Would love to experience it too.

Look forward to hearing back
Many thanks
xxx

#3 ettorney

ettorney

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

If you have the time money and inclination you can try one of the desert dune bashing tours out of any of the big hotels in a Abu Dhabi or Dubai. They almost always have a belly dancing show at the end of the evening after the dune bashing. I've been on a couple. The down side was the dancers were Russian. They were both very good but it lost some of its authenticity (or mock authenticity really).

#4 Just Me2

Just Me2

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2281 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

World Gym offers Cardio Belly Dancing...problem is, it seems no one works in this country (women, I mean, lucky them!) as the classes become quite full...and u can hardly move. The teacher is philipinno, she's good. I've only been once, I really enjoyed it, lots of fun,I've watched it while "training" at the gym and the classes, as stated before, are VERY full....As far as anything cultural...not much going on unfortunately. I've been here for 7 years. The odd time if you're lucky enough to find out about it beforehand, you may be able to catch traditional local dance. I've never seen a Belly dancer here. Hve heard there's one at the Meridien Hotel, Lebanese Rest. there...

#5 Lara Croft

Lara Croft

Desert Raider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3274 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Belly dancers in many of the 5 star hotels for instance Al Birke (Le Meridien) 02 -644 66 66 , Marrakech (Millennium Hotel) don't remember the no, Mawal (Hilton) 02-681 19 00. I'm sure they have them in many other hotels as well.

If you go ask what time is appropriate to come as most people arrive very late and the dancing starts very late as well. They usually serve a fixed set of food, typical Lebanese mezze. Don't forget to try the Arrak if you want to get in the mood of belly dancing.

Sign In