#1 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know what day and at what time women are allowed to visit someone in Al Wathba Prison? Is there any particular relationship you should have with the person to be allowed to visit them (male inmate)?

#2 Naila

Naila

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

I might can give you an advise but need to know if you are female or male and if the imprisoner is muslim.

#3 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Naila. :winksmile:

I'm female and the inmate is not Muslim. From the information I have so far, males are prohibited unless they are related to him and bear the same name. I just need to know what rules apply to female visitors and the visiting day and time. I'd really be grateful for any info.

#4 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Ok. Does someone at least know where the prison is located? Somebody told me I just drive down Musaffah Road off Khaleej Al Arabi - is that correct? I have tried to find directions on the internet but nothing has come up. I have also tried ringing the prison but there was a language barrier. Peeps here might be wondering if I can't get this info elsewhere but believe me, if I could, I would. It's something rather sensitive for me so I can't really just walk up to my colleagues at work and say "Where is Al Wathba prison?" or something like that.

Is it actually safe to go and see someone there?

Thanks.

#5 Abudhabimummy

Abudhabimummy

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

I am sorry you are going through a rough time right now. Unfortunately I dont know anything about if or when you can visit or even where the prison is. But, perhaps you could call the police station and ask them? Or, could you call a lawyer here and see what they recommend?

#6 kj

kj

The best is yet to come

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

Ok. Does someone at least know where the prison is located? Somebody told me I just drive down Musaffah Road off Khaleej Al Arabi - is that correct? I have tried to find directions on the internet but nothing has come up. I have also tried ringing the prison but there was a language barrier. Peeps here might be wondering if I can't get this info elsewhere but believe me, if I could, I would. It's something rather sensitive for me so I can't really just walk up to my colleagues at work and say "Where is Al Wathba prison?" or something like that.

Is it actually safe to go and see someone there?

Thanks.

Must be a tough time for you... hope everything is ok.
I would contact your embassy before going to visit and see what they have to say, they will know where it is and tell you whether it is 'safe' to visit someone there.

#7 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

Thanks isis and kj.

My country does not have an embassy in the UAE so that's not an option for me. Fortunately, I have had some lovely ladies send me some PM's with info - thank you. Hopefully, it will be ok. Thanks again.

#8 Naila

Naila

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

Thanks isis and kj.

My country does not have an embassy in the UAE so that's not an option for me. Fortunately, I have had some lovely ladies send me some PM's with info - thank you. Hopefully, it will be ok. Thanks again.

My honest opinion and the advise of my husband:

star far away from this place as you are neither his mother, sister, daugther or wife.

You could end up in serious problems.

The place is by the way on the Abu Dhabi - Al Ain road and the number is the same as 'Central Prison Abu Dhabi'.

#9 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

Thanks to all who helped with info and advice. I got on alright this afternoon. :biggrin:

#10 camelchaser

camelchaser

Superb-er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thanks to all who helped with info and advice. I got on alright this afternoon. :biggrin:

What is it like? I've heard some stories !

#11 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

What is it like? I've heard some stories !

Not as bad as I thought. It was not as trsumatic as I thought it would be. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. The peeps I saw were looking alright. Even the ladies who were coming to see them were all very relaxed and sauntering about casually.

#12 noyps

noyps

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

Not as bad as I thought. It was not as trsumatic as I thought it would be. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. The peeps I saw were looking alright. Even the ladies who were coming to see them were all very relaxed and sauntering about casually.

hi, thank goodness i've found your posts! may i ask for directions and "tips" if you have? :) when are women allowed to visit? would appreciate so much if you can help... :(

#13 KrisS

KrisS

Dhabi Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:09 AM

hi, thank goodness i've found your posts! may i ask for directions and "tips" if you have? :) when are women allowed to visit? would appreciate so much if you can help... :(

I am not sure Afro visits the forum regularly anymore. You might do better to send her a private message, that way she will get an email notification

Good luck with your situation

#14 noyps

noyps

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

i see... thanks for the help :)

#15 afro

afro

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

i see... thanks for the help :)

I have PMed you.

#16 lulwa

lulwa

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know what day and at what time women are allowed to visit someone in Al Wathba Prison? Is there any particular relationship you should have with the person to be allowed to visit them (male inmate)?

Every monday is for ladies and i think you have to be a direct family member to visit :scratch:

Sign In