1 reply to this topic

#1 kutekoala

kutekoala

ADW Guide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Today I discovered the KCA Bus number 160 begins its journey from in front of Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre (driver told me this) but I boarded it at the Green Main Bus Terminal on 4th St (marked on Abu Dhabi Mini map) in the same block as Al Wahda Mall. I was told by office staff, it leaves the terminal every hour at 40 mins past the hour. ALTHOUGH at the other end of the journey at the Pink shops in Kalifa City, the bus driver showed me his schedule and said there was only 6 trips per day departing the Pink Shops Kalifa - 0620, 0920, 1220, 1520 1820 and 2120 hrs. so there must be a break in the middle of the day when leaving the Main Bus Terminal as well????

The route taken:
2.40 departed Main Bus Terminal

Turned R out of terminus then immediate R into 13th St; L into Airport Road (2nd St); The first stop is ?19th Street (on ground level beside the overpass bridge which is in line with the Al Jazeera Sports Club) and the second stop on the island is at Carrefour supermarket complex. The bus stop sign is outside the carpark entries and exits.
Departed Carrefours 2.56pm - Turns left at the roundabout then makes its way past the Grand Mosque back onto Airport Rd (no stops).
Crosses Maqtaa Bridge and next stop is near the Police Station right next to the large brown sign "Al Raha Beach Hotel"
Continues around the figure of 8 to Adnoc buildings and then back around the figure 8,then on the usual route turning right into the Abu Dhabi Golf course, then has a stop close to Gate 19 Al Raha Gardens, another closer to the next roundabout before 20th street near Kalifa Police Station, turns Right into 20th street to Higher College of Education, right into ? Street 15 from this roundabout, then up to a right 16th street and stops opposite the Pink shops.

Commences the return journey from the roundabout at the Pink shops on 16th street. Departed 3.20pm

Happy exploring :biggrin:

I wish you happy exploring :biggrin:

#2 YoungInAbuDhabi

YoungInAbuDhabi

Star Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

Thank you for posting this... very useful!! :biggrin:

Sign In